Samsung Q950T Connection issue

MattSeymour

Novice Member
Reaction score
I’d be so grateful for any advice.
I’ve owned a Q950T for a little over a month and overall I’m quite happy with it.
I haven’t watched a blu ray since I purchased the soundbar and upon ruing to watch a film the home menu of the disc menu is displayed before the tv switches to ‘HDMI 3-no source’.
I’m baffled as I have a Facebook portal and Sky Q box connected arc, and my Apple TV 4K and blu ray player are plugged directly into the soundbar.
Everything works flawlessly, and switches to correct source, other then the blu ray player which will not display a picture.
Thank you in advance.

Hi. How's progress? I have just bought the same sound bar and although it has amazing sound quality, it does like to complicate connection logic. I too have had sources disappear and switching issues. The first thing I did was to swap hdmi cables around and now have my bluray connected to the TV AND the bar thanks to a secondary audio output. The bar didn't like the video passing through it appears. At least it now sees the source and plays movies and TV audio albeit with the need to manually switch the source. I am painstakingly updating to the latest firmware via PC download to usb as we speak (because the bar tells me there is one to download and install OTA but refuses to do so) and I'll report back once I've retested the pass-thru and switching issues.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom