Samsung Q950A - buy now or wait for Black Friday?

StephenR

I have my eye on the Samsung Q950A soundbar and was planning on getting it during Black Friday sales when I am expecting discounts. However I see it already has £600 off and is listed at £999 from many retailers. Probably an impossible question to answer but I'm wondering whether to buy it now or wait and see if it gets reduced further? One option I was thinking of is getting it from somewhere that gives a price guarantee for a period of time after you buy it - does anyone know of retailers that are good for something like that? I saw Richer Sounds do it for 14 days but a 30 day one would obviously be better as I could buy it now and then claim the difference if there are further reductions on Black Friday.

password1

Distinguished Member
Richersounds only price match like for like with the same warranty. When I asked if they could price match on some speakers, they (my local branch) said they can't price match as they have longer warranty. I did get some discount in the end.

Eyesnears

I just came across the price drop to £999. This makes the Q950a cracking value for money compared with the Arc and other soundbar between £900-1,500.

BF deals are commencing as we speak. JL have a £20 discount code if you spend more than £200 and I wouldn't be surprised if similar non-price reduction offers crop up elsewhere.

StephenR

Think I will try and hold out a bit longer as I'm thinking it's unlikely to go back up again. The question is how low will it go, maybe another hundred or so off for Black Friday. Wouldn't be surprised if it ended up close to half the list price, which is crazy. Or perhaps shows Samsung priced it too high in the first place.

Eyesnears

Think I will try and hold out a bit longer as I'm thinking it's unlikely to go back up again. The question is how low will it go, maybe another hundred or so off for Black Friday. Wouldn't be surprised if it ended up close to half the list price, which is crazy. Or perhaps shows Samsung priced it too high in the first place.
It won't go back up in price. During Black Friday you will likely be able to knock off £50-100 through various price promotions e.g spend £600 for £50 off or £1000 for a £100 gift card.

Richer sound have a demo/clearence/returns unit that's currently advertised at £1,020. The price of it needs adjusting given that RS are listing a new unit for £999. I wouldn't mind picking up the demo unit for £750-800. I might give them a call about it in 2-3 weeks.

StephenR

Regret not getting this when it was £999, it’s up to £1199 in most places now and £1299 in some others. Thought there might be some discounts, but the only one I can see is £100 at PRC Direct which would make it £1099. But surely there will be 2022 models out soon so you would expect this to be discounted. Don’t know what to do!

Eyesnears

Regret not getting this when it was £999, it’s up to £1199 in most places now and £1299 in some others. Thought there might be some discounts, but the only one I can see is £100 at PRC Direct which would make it £1099. But surely there will be 2022 models out soon so you would expect this to be discounted. Don’t know what to do!
I am sure that you can find an open box q950a. Alternatively buy a Q900a + rear speakers.

2022 models will likely be unveiled in Feb-March. However expect the q950a successor to retail around £1,599 for at least 6 months.

password1

Distinguished Member
The Q550 are reduced. How about getting higher end speakers. Q series are budget end equivalent to MA bronze.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom