Samsung Q90T white color is "blown" out?

Nitrius

Novice Member
I bought a Samsung Q90T 65 inch TV not to long ago.
From time to time, especially the skies, gets "blown" out or pixilated, blooming/squares inside the skies, not sure how else to describe it, but it does not look good. It seems that refreshing the Picture Mode fixes the issue, and it will stay fixed until I turn off and on the TV again, or that's how it seems so far.

Anyone had anything similar? And is there a permanent fix for it?

VAblklvs249

I bought a Samsung Q90T 65 inch TV not to long ago.
From time to time, especially the skies, gets "blown" out or pixilated, blooming/squares inside the skies, not sure how else to describe it, but it does not look good. It seems that refreshing the Picture Mode fixes the issue, and it will stay fixed until I turn off and on the TV again, or that's how it seems so far.

Anyone had anything similar? And is there a permanent fix for it?
I used recommended AVForum Calibration settings for my Sony XE95. Very happy with the TV for watching standard TV programs and HDR movies and never looked back since. I remember I was quite surprised how many software settings I had to disable/turn off..and I paid for them! I would be very interested in any AVForum recommended Calibration settings for the Q90T, as it will probably be my next television. This might be useful but is for the Q95T:

First , forget intelligent mode , it is not.
Next ; always use colour space to AUTO.
Use SDR night 2.4 , SDR dim 2.4 and SDR day BT1886.
For HDR : HDR night and HDR Max day.
Use the SDR day BT1886 for sport, and if you want smoother animation go for 10/5 in the blur/judder section.
For 1402 firmware, they did correct things like saturation, here the updated settings for this firmware:

Qn: Hi I have a Q90t will these calibrations work for me and as well my firmware is 1403 not 1402, does that make a difference?
Ans: Used a probe to check , and there is no difference so settings are valid with 1402 and 1403.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom