Samsung Q90T thread

In short, More dimming zones on the Q90R 240 v 120 on the Q90T, although the algorithm on the Q90T does a very good job, having owned both sets they look very close, The anti-glare on the 90R is better, The Q90T is brighter 1700 nits v 1300 nits on the Q90R, the 90T is better for Gaming , lower lag, higher bandwidth 40gbps v 24gbps, better game mode, full hdmi 2.1 and Earc support

Both great sets
Q90R 65" has 480 dimming zones.

Also brightness is 2000 nits (official, not under testing conditions).

Input lag is similar in Game mode.

Considered the Q90R 65" for a while but couldn't justify the £700 premium over the Q85R in image quality terms when purchasing.

Haven't seen the Q90/Q95 in the flesh yet (have seen and played with the Q90R a lot) but I am thinking about upgrading to it tomorrow as well if I can get a decent price for my Q85R.

Spec wise the Q90T/Q95T is the equivalent to the Q80R(US)/Q85R(EU) so not a like for like comparison.

Considered the Q90R 65" for a while but couldn't justify the £700 premium over the Q85R in image quality terms when purchasing.

Haven't seen the Q90/Q95 in the flesh yet (have seen and played with the Q90R a lot) but I am thinking about upgrading to it tomorrow as well if I can get a decent price for my Q85R.

Spec wise the Q90T/Q95T is the equivalent to the Q80R(US)/Q85R(EU) so not a like for like comparison.
I was talking about the 55" as i said i have owned both, still have the 95T, don't read to much about on paper, let your eyes be the judge, yes they are not the same like for like, but as i mentioned for the lack of hardware the 95t algorithm is much improved especially for gaming, the 55 95t is a lot brighter than the 90r,

Also the 90R is a 10bit panel and the 90T is a 8+2, cant say i noticed much of a difference

I was talking about the 55" as i said i have owned both, still have the 95T, don't read to much about on paper, let your eyes be the judge, yes they are not the same like for like, but as i mentioned for the lack of hardware the 95t algorithm is much improved especially for gaming, the 55 95t is a lot brighter than the 90r,
Not contesting what you wrote, just that the original poster was referring to the 65".

In short, More dimming zones on the Q90R 240 v 120 on the Q90T, although the algorithm on the Q90T does a very good job, having owned both sets they look very close, The anti-glare on the 90R is better, The Q90T is brighter 1700 nits v 1300 nits on the Q90R, the 90T is better for Gaming , lower lag, higher bandwidth 40gbps v 24gbps, better game mode, full hdmi 2.1 and Earc support

Both great sets

Thank you mate! This is the sort of analysis I'm looking for :D I was wondering whether to look for a second-half Q90R, or go for a Q90T, but sounds like the 90T is the one for gaming which is what I mainly want; TV / movie is definitely a key factor, but making the most

Thanks also for your input here - so in your eyes, you'd recommend the 90T? I'm coming from a 55" 80R, so I'm wondering how much of an 'upgrade' I'm gonna notice, if at all; I'm upgrading mainly for the 65" element, but now I'm wondering if it's worth it if the 90T is basically what I have now, just a bit bigger..

Thank you mate! This is the sort of analysis I'm looking for :D I was wondering whether to look for a second-half Q90R, or go for a Q90T, but sounds like the 90T is the one for gaming which is what I mainly want; TV / movie is definitely a key factor, but making the most

Thanks also for your input here - so in your eyes, you'd recommend the 90T? I'm coming from a 55" 80R, so I'm wondering how much of an 'upgrade' I'm gonna notice, if at all; I'm upgrading mainly for the 65" element, but now I'm wondering if it's worth it if the 90T is basically what I have now, just a bit bigger..
I would go for the Q95T 65", 120 dimming zones vs 48 for the Q80R(UK) equivalent, vastly superior 4K processing engine, brighter, the list can go on, the Q95T is vastly superior to what you have now and a serious upgrade worth considering.

Hey Q90T owners. In the 55' range, Im still between this and the LG CX for a gaming/sports then movies (in that order)

All this talk of burn in on the CX is putting me off going for it despite it being a slightly better TV. So, doing more research into the Q90T I just want to hear about peoples thoughts are, specifically around gaming?

Ive seen reports that when it goes into Game Mode, the picture looks terrible? Other places have said a recent update changed this? Im trying to get an unbiased view as for some bizarre reason people will slate one company and not another.

Does it look good on the next Gen consoles specifically? Does Game Mode really hurt the picture quality?

Annoyingly Vincent Teoh lately seems to only focus on CX settings and doesnt refer to the Q90T at all which has me wondering too.

Anyone in here tell me stay away from the Q90T and go with the CX or vice versa? Thanks in advance for any info.

I would go for the Q95T 65", 120 dimming zones vs 48 for the Q80R(UK) equivalent, vastly superior 4K processing engine, brighter, the list can go on, the Q95T is vastly superior to what you have now and a serious upgrade worth considering.

Interesting! In another thread I was told the Q90T (assuming 90T is same as 95T, difference being the box?) was essentially gonna be the same as 80R, as there is no equivalent of the 90R this year, rather the 90T is the equivalent of the 80R. You make this sound otherwise!

From what you’re saying, I think I’ll go for the 90T, unless I should go for 95T if there’s other major differences than just the box?

Will there be any deals tomorrow on the 90t/95t?

Interesting! In another thread I was told the Q90T (assuming 90T is same as 95T, difference being the box?) was essentially gonna be the same as 80R, as there is no equivalent of the 90R this year, rather the 90T is the equivalent of the 80R. You make this sound otherwise!

From what you’re saying, I think I’ll go for the 90T, unless I should go for 95T if there’s other major differences than just the box?
I prefer the OneConnect box (the only difference it seems between the Q95T and Q90T) as I have all the AV in a side glass cabinet and don't like trailing cables.

If you could see my setup (can't take photo as I am on a business trip) the TV/soundbar literally seem to hang disconnected on the wall, anyone who has seen it and doesn't know about the technology always asks where the cables are.

What seems to always blow their mind is the fact that power also goes through, not just the AV signal.

I prefer the OneConnect box (the only difference it seems between the Q95T and Q90T) as I have all the AV in a side glass cabinet and don't like trailing cables.

If you could see my setup (can't take photo as I am on a business trip) the TV/soundbar literally seem to hang disconnected on the wall, anyone who has seen it and doesn't know about the technology always asks where the cables are.

What seems to always blow their mind is the fact that power also goes through, not just the AV signal.

Nice! I did consider the 95T for this purpose, but I think, with my setup, the wires aren't an issue as I have it on a stand.

OK - you've sold me on the 90T itself, and you've made it sound like an upgrade vs. the 80R. Any thoughts on the LG CX vs. the 90T?

... Any thoughts on the LG CX vs. the 90T?
Different tech, OLED (LG) vs QLED (Samsung), the debate has been ongoing ad nauseum in these forums about the merits and drawbacks.

As far as I am concerned, worrying about screen burn from the Nickelodeon channel logo (plays all day at home) is not my kind of thing, so OLED hasn't been a consideration.

Unbelievable deal here for the 55 95t. I've just purchased it, will flog the soundbar on here.

I was buying a pre owned e9 Oled which I love the look of, but only 3 months transferable warranty. The q95t is costing me £75 more, but I will get £200 for the soundbar and a 5 year warranty.

Tbh I love the blacks and contrast on an oled but for the price this is a no brainer.

I have the q80r (non connect box) and have been very happy with that, hoping this we be one step better and 2.1hdmi for my ps5..

Ahhhh, price changed

Deals aren't that great really - no decent reductions compared to last Black Friday, seems like effort to have to sell the soundbar

Deals aren't that great really - no decent reductions compared to last Black Friday, seems like effort to have to sell the soundbar
The Covid effect. TVs (and associated AV) must have sold like hotcakes during lockdown and there is probably pent up demand still.

The Q85R 65" (equivalent to the Q95T) was £1499 with free soundbar across the board same day last year.

The best I can find the Q95T 65" in the UK currently (with inferior soundbar) is £1989.

Last edited:
Wonder if they'll honour those wrong prices

Wonder if they'll honour those wrong prices
Currys website is notorious for this (incorrect ridiculously lower prices). Many people are on the lookout for these fluctuations.

They honour these AFAIK. Sadly, they didn't get it wrong for the 65" (yet :)).

Currys website is notorious for this (incorrect ridiculously lower prices). Many people are on the lookout for these fluctuations.

They honour these AFAIK. Sadly, they didn't get it wrong for the 65" (yet :)).

They did earlier but changed it whike i was mulling over pulking the trigger like a fool🤬🤬🤬

Not sure I can really justify the price point for the 65" anymore - gutted! They could have knocked £100 or something, at least.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom