Samsung Q90T thread

I will give my opinion after buying a Q90T, and after owning a Sony A1E OLED and an LG E6P OLED. I bought the LG because it had 3D, HDR and it looked amazing. I went through 3, all had dead pixels. I kept the third one. It died after a year and a half. Black screen with sound. Then it wouldn't turn on. Completely fried. If you look it up, the LGs have a terrible reliability record. It is common for them to break. Plus the motion handing looked bad and the dead pixels were unavoidable. The Sony was a good TV. The biggest flaw was vertical banding in the middle of the screen with either solid primary colors, or panning shots where the screen had any red, orange or yellow hue. Like watching The Savannah documentary. Otherwise, the Sony looked great with awesome motion and a much better build than the LG. I will never buy an LG again. Ever. Under no circumstances. I decided to buy the Q90T to leave OLED behind. I love the Q90T. Black levels are good, and I think the wide angle viewing is great too. You may have some mild DSE, but that's the trade off to avoid vertical banding, which is more bothersome for me and very common in OLED. I don't think OLED has any big benefit over a QLED. As far as burn-in. Under normal viewing, new OLEDs will not burn in. No signs of it on either of the ones I owned. That's models from 2016 and prior that did have burn-in problems. You would have to torture the tv in vivid mode for a long time. Still if it gives you piece of mind to avoid OLED, that's not a bad thing. I'm moving my Sony OLED into the bedroom for now. I still like it, but the QLED is better for sure. Also, plan to buy a new 2020 Samsung sound bar. The Q Symphony feature is awesome paired with the T series TVs.
LG OLEDs have poor qc than Sony or Panasonic.

So where I am is I can get a 65 inch q90t for the same price as a 2019 75 inch q900r which has HDMI 2.1.... What do you guys think is the better choice?

I took delivery of my 2nd Q90T today - the first Q90T that was delivered last week was faulty out of the box which was a big disappointment! This one however looks absolutely spot on with only mild DSE although I was expecting that. The picture on the Q90T really is on a level with the LG OLED 55E6V that it was purchased to replace that developed some minor screen burn. Once the screen burn was present on the LG I couldn't live with it anymore. I don't regret buying the Samsung at all especially as I picked it up for £1599.20!

I have a LGE7 with burn-in from occasionally watching Sky News. LG are selling a technology that is not fit for purpose. Yes it's a very good picture but the risk of burn-in is too high, and once you get it you'll always focus on it.

I never thought I would take QLED seriously, but based on what I've read on this and other forums I'll be ordering a Q90T in the very near future. Although more expensive then some OLED competitors, the extra cost will be worthwhile as I'm guaranteed at least five years of stress free viewing. PQ is always debatable and a matter of preference but some pretty good feedback on these forums for QLED have convinced me that the picture will be good to excellent for the Q90T/Q95T. I guess I can always invoke my rights to return under the distance selling law if PQ is unacceptable to my eyes. Were it not for lockdown I would get to see one first in a shop but I'm now keen to get one sooner rather than later.

I took delivery of my 2nd Q90T today - the first Q90T that was delivered last week was faulty out of the box which was a big disappointment! This one however looks absolutely spot on with only mild DSE although I was expecting that. The picture on the Q90T really is on a level with the LG OLED 55E6V that it was purchased to replace that developed some minor screen burn. Once the screen burn was present on the LG I couldn't live with it anymore. I don't regret buying the Samsung at all especially as I picked it up for £1599.20!

Having already saved 20% through the Samsung Networks EPP store (Employees discount scheme) I didn't think I'd be able to also get the £300 cashback promotion that Samsung UK are currently running on top. But I applied yesterday evening and within and hour got a thumbs up confirmation. So under £1300 in total for this TV represents one of the biggest bargains I've had for a very long time! Happy days :)

Samsung UK TV Cashback

QLED.JPG

Last edited:
Having already saved 20% through the Samsung Networks EPP store (Employees discount scheme) I didn't think I'd be able to also get the £300 cashback promotion that Samsung UK are currently running on top. But I applied yesterday evening and within and hour got a thumbs up confirmation. So under £1400 in total for this TV represents one of the biggest bargains I've had for a very long time! Happy days :)
Awesome deal and good to know! I can get a discount using my other half’s uni days login and wondered if the cash back would work as well, sounds possible.

Awesome deal and good to know! I can get a discount using my other half’s uni days login and wondered if the cash back would work as well, sounds possible.

As I had two TV's (first one faulty) I uploaded both PDF invoices and a picture of the working unit serial number from the back of the TV. They got back to me fairly quickly and asked for a copy of the original (1st TV) purchase email. I took a screenshot of this and created a PDF and uploaded on the link provided and got a response around 45 minutes later saying that my claim has been validated for payment.

The final cost was actually under £1300 - dodgy maths on my original post!!

As I had two TV's (first one faulty) I uploaded both PDF invoices and a picture of the working unit serial number from the back of the TV. They got back to me fairly quickly and asked for a copy of the original (1st TV) purchase email. I took a screenshot of this and created a PDF and uploaded on the link provided and got a response around 45 minutes later saying that my claim has been validated for payment.

The final cost was actually under £1300 - dodgy maths on my original post!!
It's a bloody good price for such a new TV! I too can get the 20% employee discount through my perks at work scheme and am looking at the 65Q95T as it's weirdly cheaper than the Q90T (£2399 before cashback).

Was very happy to read you were accepted on the cashback offer, which I expected, so will hopefully pull the trigger before the deal runs out on 30th June (stock permitting).

Having already saved 20% through the Samsung Networks EPP store (Employees discount scheme) I didn't think I'd be able to also get the £300 cashback promotion that Samsung UK are currently running on top. But I applied yesterday evening and within and hour got a thumbs up confirmation. So under £1300 in total for this TV represents one of the biggest bargains I've had for a very long time! Happy days :)

Samsung UK TV Cashback

View attachment 1303070
Thanks for posting and interest to know that this worked! I didn't think it would so I may need to change where I am buying my TV from!

What about warranty when buying thru perks at work?

Good unboxing video here, think he has a CX as well so may do a comparison for those if us on the fence.

Order made can’t wait. After back & forth all day, taking advantage of a uni discount with possible £300 back from Samsung & having lined up a buyer for my KS8000 hopefully this will come in under £1,000 overall...then to pair with the ARC in June. New job rewards.

Last edited:
I have to decide between:

Q90R (55") 20% discount = £1039

Q95T(55") 20% discount then £300 cashback = £1539

However I am not sure what the differences are between these 2 models? Is the Q95T worth £500 more??

PS: I would have considered the Q90T but the lack of the onebox is a dealbreaker for me.

I have to decide between:

Q90R (55") 20% discount = £1039

Q95T(55") 20% discount then £300 cashback = £1539

However I am not sure what the differences are between these 2 models? Is the Q95T worth £500 more??

PS: I would have considered the Q90T but the lack of the onebox is a dealbreaker for me.
Hi. As I'm sure you're aware, the Q90R is last years flagship 4K, whereas the Q90/95T is this years flagship 4K.

I've read people saying the Q90/95T is inferior to last year's Q90R and it should be considered the 2020 equivalent of the Q85R solely because it has about a quarter of the dimming zones of the Q90R. However various reviews I have read suggest the local dimming algorithms used actually gives for a better picture with deeper blacks and less blooming than the Q90R.

Some of the other tech on the Q90/95T too suggests it is an upgrade over the Q90R so for £500 more I'd personally go with the Q95T if you can afford it, though definitely take a look at reviews to see whether the differences justify it for you. AVF have recently reviewed the 55Q95T here Samsung Q95T (QE55Q95T) QLED 4K TV Review

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read people saying the Q90/95T is inferior to last year's Q90R and it should be considered the 2020 equivalent of the Q85R solely because it has about a quarter of the dimming zones of the Q90R. However various reviews I have read suggest the local dimming algorithms used actually gives for a better picture with deeper blacks and less blooming than the Q90R.

You are right the Q90T/Q95T is definitely more of a Q85R successor. And the MSRP is the same as the Q85R aswell. But its better than a Q85R so you technically get a improved TV for the same money as last year.
From my perspective there are 2 options =
1. you mainly watch movies and streaming - get the Q90R right now at a discount before its to late
2. if you want to do a lot of gaming go with the Q95T or wait until later in the year, because i think the discounts will be the similar to the Q85R

1. you mainly watch movies and streaming - get the Q90R right now at a discount before its to late
Based on what are you suggesting this ? I'm also trying to decide between 65" Q90R an Q90T, i'm watching news + movies. And all reviews point out that 90T has better picture and has better blacks even if dimming zones are lower. In my country both have the same price so i'm still wandering witch one to pick.

Based on what are you suggesting this ? I'm also trying to decide between 65" Q90R an Q90T, i'm watching news + movies. And all reviews point out that 90T has better picture and has better blacks even if dimming zones are lower. In my country both have the same price so i'm still wandering witch one to pick.
Well we didnt saw a side by side comparison until now, and the Q90R has 480 zones which is hard to beat. If its the same price and you dont see value in the One Connect Box or the premium remote then go for the Q90T since its the newer model.
At the moment the Q90T/Q95T is around 1000€-1500€ more here in germany, depending on size of course.

Well there are some reviews already, i think i'm not allowed here to put links, where they tested both tv with the same pictures and they say black handling is better then q90r.
i'm from romania best price over here for 65" Q90R is 2050 EUR for 65" Q90T 1900 EUR And 2000 Eur for 95T. So the price is not such a decision factor... looking for witch one is best

one of the review is made on avforum so i suppose i can post that one and it compares both tv's
Samsung 65" Q90T 4K QLED Hands-On - AVSForum.com
The differences between the picture of the Q90R and Q90T were mostly subtle, but tangible, with the Q90T coming out ahead thanks to its excellent FALD performance.

So the price is not such a decision factor... looking for witch one is best
Then definitely wait for HDTV Test and rtings to come out with reviews. No offense, but i personally dont trust most reviewers because Samsung is such a big brand in comparison to others - paid or favourable reviews are not a rarity. But LG does this too.

However various reviews I have read suggest the local dimming algorithms used actually gives for a better picture with deeper blacks and less blooming than the Q90R.

Some of the other tech on the Q90/95T too suggests it is an upgrade over the Q90R so for £500 more I'd personally go with the Q95T if you can afford it, though definitely take a look at reviews to see whether the differences justify it for you. AVF have recently reviewed the 55Q95T here Samsung Q95T (QE55Q95T) QLED 4K TV Review

Makes you wonder why Samsung couldnt apply such advanced local dimming algorithms to the Q90R. Considering it has 4 times the number of LDZ it woul dproduce stellar results. But then again, I suppose, they would then struggle to sell this year's models.

All the reviews i have seen so far mention just a few of the improvements of the Q95T over the Q90R.

Is the Q90R able to handle 120Hz 10bit 4:4:4 on one of its HDMI ports?? And does the Q90R use eARC on any or all of its ports?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom