Samsung Q90T thread

Koppis

Novice Member
Reaction score
Are there any official specs of the Q90T out yet?
I'm specifically wondering whether the Q90T supports HDMI 2.1, or whether Samsung are only leaving HDMI 2.1 as a 8K TV luxury.

Are there any official specs of the Q90T out yet?
I'm specifically wondering whether the Q90T supports HDMI 2.1, or whether Samsung are only leaving HDMI 2.1 as a 8K TV luxury.
I havnt seen anything about the 90T yet? Are we even getting it this year? And is the wide angle tech gonna ruin the contrast again. Lets face it the Q9FN was better than the 90R

It probably will get HDMI 2.1, but the rest of the TV will not be that great.
Apparently Samsung is downgrading the whole 4K Lineup which means that the Q95T/90T will only have 96 Dimming Zones.

Any information about when Samsung has typically released more info on the brand new tv's (judging by previous years)?

It probably will get HDMI 2.1, but the rest of the TV will not be that great.
Apparently Samsung is downgrading the whole 4K Lineup which means that the Q95T/90T will only have 96 Dimming Zones.
Where did you find this information about Samsung decreasing the amount of dimming zones on Q90T/Q95T

Any official dates out yet?

Last year the press info was send out mid february. But again i wouldnt hold my breath for it because atm, it seems that only the Q950T will get the 480 Dimming Zones. Which basically tells us that they did nothing to improve. Even worse they cut off the lower models. Apparently even the Q800T 8K wont have as much Dimming Zones as the Q950T.

Wow. This is really shocking if this will actually happen.

AV Cesar is a pretty reasonable website. Their test from last years Q90 for example is very detailed =

So i highly doubt that they are spreading false rumors or infos, especially when everyone can search them up on the internet.

AV Cesar is a pretty reasonable website. Their test from last years Q90 for example is very detailed =

So i highly doubt that they are spreading false rumors or infos, especially when everyone can search them up on the internet.
This will be really tough as I'm personally searching for a great LED TV with HDMI 2.1. I was hoping the Q90T would be at least on par with Q90R but with the addition of HDMI 2.1. What do you think, will the Q90T still be the best LED tv with HDMI 2.1 or will other manufacturers overpass Samsung in the LED quality (with HDMI 2.1)

Im pretty sure that most of the 2020 4K Sets (8K are already confirmed having 2.1) will have HDMI 2.1. Especially if their lower series like Q70 / Q60 have 2.1, they would appeal to people who want to play with the next gen consoles coming later this year.
If they dont have HDMI 2.1 then i would skip Samsung entirely or get a 2019 Q90R.

The new Q95T/Q90T is basically a 2019 Q85R so it should be a decent TV. It really depends on the price i would say. If they are going to cash in all the people who want to buy a new TV for the Olympics or the Euro Championship they will go down with the price pretty fast.
The only TV which holds a candle to the Q90R (specs-wise) is the 8K Q950T, but that thing starts at 5999€ (source = avcesar) apparently.

LG only has NanoCell with IPS Panels and Sony is struggling with HDMI 2.1 implementation. Also Sony just sells the XF9005 in a slightly different package again. Their top tier LCD is also a 8K model.

Good points. Let's see what the future will hold. I'll be keenly looking forward for Samsung's (as well as other manufacturers) official specs and 4k LED TV lineups for 2020. I guess by the end of February we will be wiser.

Im pretty sure that most of the 2020 4K Sets (8K are already confirmed having 2.1) will have HDMI 2.1. Especially if their lower series like Q70 / Q60 have 2.1, they would appeal to people who want to play with the next gen consoles coming later this year.
If they dont have HDMI 2.1 then i would skip Samsung entirely or get a 2019 Q90R.

The new Q95T/Q90T is basically a 2019 Q85R so it should be a decent TV. It really depends on the price i would say. If they are going to cash in all the people who want to buy a new TV for the Olympics or the Euro Championship they will go down with the price pretty fast.
The only TV which holds a candle to the Q90R (specs-wise) is the 8K Q950T, but that thing starts at 5999€ (source = avcesar) apparently.

LG only has NanoCell with IPS Panels and Sony is struggling with HDMI 2.1 implementation. Also Sony just sells the XF9005 in a slightly different package again. Their top tier LCD is also a 8K model.
What size was the Q950T for €5999?
I've seen the 65" Q950R for £2999.
That has 1 HDMI 2.1 port according to one review I read.

What size was the Q950T for €5999?
I've seen the 65" Q950R for £2999.
That has 1 HDMI 2.1 port according to one review I read.
The Q90R doesn't have a HDMI 2.1 port in any size. What the Q90R has, is a HDMI 2.0 port, which supports some of the HDMI 2.1 functions, but not all of them.

The Q90R doesn't have a HDMI 2.1 port in any size. What the Q90R has, is a HDMI 2.0 port, which supports some of the HDMI 2.1 functions, but not all of them.
I was referring to the 8K Q950R not the 4K Q90R.

what are Samsung actually looking to sell this year with their overpriced and unneeded flagship 8k's and their gimped 4k sets?

65" is 5999€. 75" is 7999€ or something. Of course these are suggested retail prices, but even with sales this TV is pretty much out of reach for most people.
Seems very expensive. I thought they would have been more competitive especially when it seems that this years 4K offerings are downgraded compared to last years and they want to push the 8K models instead.

Seems very expensive. I thought they would have been more competitive especially when it seems that this years 4K offerings are downgraded compared to last years and they want to push the 8K models instead.

Well, they will sell the Q800T in 4 screen sizes aswell, so the 8K Line is definitely more expanded. But assuming the 800T is taking over the prizes from last years Q90R, it wont be cheap either.
The worst thing is = their Flagship this year has merely the features of the TVs last year. They just added aesthetics and some sound features thats it.

I just hope that they added HDMI 2.1 to the 4K Lineup.

Is this the same event in which Samsung releases their new electronic gadgets? Mainly all the hype is around the new Galaxy Phones. If so, the event will be held on February 11th

This was the news from 2019.
The german roadshow news was a few days after.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom