Samsung Q90T thread

Jay53

Even the 55in has gone back up in price as it's £1389 at currys now compared to £990 Chorltonpotter paid earlier today ☹

Pat schnack

Novice Member
The Q95T is now the same price as the q90t in a few places in ireland some offering a free soundbar with it too.

I know both Q90T and 95T are the same bar the connect box. Is the connect box that good? I read in one place the Q95T has no ports on the TV at all, something which I don't like as I don't want to limit myself. I wont be wall mounting so clean lines aren't as much of an issue.

Can anyone confirm?

covefe

Novice Member
Currys website is notorious for this (incorrect ridiculously lower prices). Many people are on the lookout for these fluctuations.

They honour these AFAIK. Sadly, they didn't get it wrong for the 65" (yet :)).
Hi I got a 65in order in came to £1420.72p ,but paid £50 delivery as even with paying for delivery I’m still up if it arrives .Now it’s just the waiting game ........

Bluestraw

The Q95T is now the same price as the q90t in a few places in ireland some offering a free soundbar with it too.

I know both Q90T and 95T are the same bar the connect box. Is the connect box that good? I read in one place the Q95T has no ports on the TV at all, something which I don't like as I don't want to limit myself. I wont be wall mounting so clean lines aren't as much of an issue.

Can anyone confirm?
Correct, the Q95T has all ports on the separate OneConnect box. You don't lose anything though, the exact same ports are all there it's just separate so you won't be limiting yourself in any way really...

evans76

Hi I got a 65in order in came to £1420.72p ,but paid £50 delivery as even with paying for delivery I’m still up if it arrives .Now it’s just the waiting game ........
This is the only price point I would be considering the Q95T in (circa £1499).

Soundbar would be a bonus bringing the overall price furher down if sold on.

Shinji Mikami

Standard Member
Hi !!!

I imagine that the next question has already been asked before... : )

Sony X950 (XH95) or Q90T (Q95T)?

I have a chance to pick one of them for Black Friday with really good prices.

The use wll be mainly PC Windows, some videogames (I'm not hard gamer) and some streaming movies and TV shows (I got my cinema projection dedicated room).

Thank you !!!

covefe

Novice Member

wanted the Sony xh9505 but the price seem to have bottomed out and at this price with a sound bar seems silly not too .Might love it ,might hate it .Might not even get it yet ,it is Curry’s 😂😂😂

Robdog93

Still sitting here, nothing purchased... can't make up my mind, go for it and sell the soundbar? Or abandon ship entirely?

Dalesdator

Novice Member
I prefer the OneConnect box (the only difference it seems between the Q95T and Q90T) as I have all the AV in a side glass cabinet and don't like trailing cables.

If you could see my setup (can't take photo as I am on a business trip) the TV/soundbar literally seem to hang disconnected on the wall, anyone who has seen it and doesn't know about the technology always asks where the cables are.

What seems to always blow their mind is the fact that power also goes through, not just the AV signal.
Would love to see your setup when possible.

Pat schnack

Novice Member
Thanks for the replies. Decided to go for the Q95T after reading the above. Was same price on Richersounds in Ireland as the Q90T at 1399. Hoping I'll be able to pair up with someone to refer a friend and get another 100 back too.

Robdog93

Ended up going for LG CX in the end after much deliberation between 90T vs. CX, purchased from Richer Sounds.

Tip for all you last minute buyers - Power Direct have a 20% discount if you apply DISC20 as the discount code itself. This knocks both TV's down a good peg. If you ring Richer Sounds and quote that Power Direct is selling this TV for XYZ price, they'll check it on the phone, and subsequently price match AND knock another £20 off!

Additionally - Richer Sounds honoured the Free Headphones offer that currently come with the TV. At first they did not offer, however I quoted that someone on here said they got the headphones; at that point, they threw them in.

Unfortunately the Sound Bars have all been claimed from Richer Sounds now, but could be worth ringing up some of the other retailers and trying to claim the Price Match + Sound Bar combo.

Glad I waited for the purchase in the end - nice little discount!

Dalesdator

Novice Member
I will get the Q95t 85" on Tuesday and I imagine the settings out of the box could be improved. I know you can't just copy settings because environments, panels etc differ. Anyway, any recommendations for how the Q95t could be calibrated for improved picture in SDR, HDR content etc? I know really nothing about this and I have never before owned a really good TV so some input would be much appreciated. I can't afford a professional calibration at the moment unfortunately.

Thanks in advance!

Robdog93

I will get the Q95t 85" on Tuesday and I imagine the settings out of the box could be improved. I know you can't just copy settings because environments, panels etc differ. Anyway, any recommendations for how the Q95t could be calibrated for improved picture in SDR, HDR content etc? I know really nothing about this and I have never before owned a really good TV so some input would be much appreciated. I can't afford a professional calibration at the moment unfortunately.

Thanks in advance!
Might be worthwhile checking my post above - you might be able to get it far cheaper today via this method!

br99876

Novice Member
Thanks! I actually played around with the contrast settings and got it to away by knocking the contrast down to 41 from 45.

br99876

Novice Member
Anyone using the Samsung Q800T soundbar with this tv?

The soundbar itself is great but I'm having some trouble with its integration with the Q90t. Several times while watching tv the sound will mute and a message pops up on screen about trying to setup the Samsung smart remote. It'll spin for a moment then about 50% of the time it will be fine but the other 50% it'll switch to tv sound instead of the soundbar. I then have to manually change it back.

It happens both with hdmi and digital optical cables. I can't find any setting that can turn off any sort of auto setup feature. I've checked power and connections and everything looks good to me. It feels like the tv is constantly trying to setup the soundbar for the first time despite that fact that it already is. When it works it works great but it is getting pretty annoying to have the sound cut out twice an hour and then sometimes having to manually choose the soundbar as sound output.

Any advice or troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dalesdator

Novice Member
Might be worthwhile checking my post above - you might be able to get it far cheaper today via this method!
I saw that. I don't really know about it because I live in Sweden. I got the TV for 3500 euros, the 85 inch one. Don't know how good of a price that is but it couldn't be bought for a cheaper price here in Sweden at least. Maybe there were much better shipping options, like yours. I didn't really get into all that. Thanks anyway!

Chorltonpotter

Well I'm assuming my £992 deal from Currys is going through, I've not heard anything to say otherwise. I had two emails shortly after the order with the last one saying confirmed and delivery date plus tracking number.

I will have put the soundbar up for sale to help bring the cost down and then the £100 share/friend purchase offer. A stonking deal i reckon.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance!
even if there is some differences between panels , this is the same techno , same backlight and so on , so you can reuse settings with nearly the same result. i worked with a probe to calibrate my own set and published corresponding settings. if you are lost , just use the *** ones as a start. These settings are working with firmware 1402 or 1403

For HDR , use the second sheet , and you have to read a HDR film in order to access the HDR modes of the tv and enter my settings.

Dalesdator

Novice Member
even if there is some differences between panels , this is the same techno , same backlight and so on , so you can reuse settings with nearly the same result. i worked with a probe to calibrate my own set and published corresponding settings. if you are lost , just use the *** ones as a start. These settings are working with firmware 1402 or 1403

For HDR , use the second sheet , and you have to read a HDR film in order to access the HDR modes of the tv and enter my settings.

Thanks a lot! The TV is delivered on Tuesday. Will try it then!

Are you happy about the TV? The only thing worrying me is the DSE issues many people seem to have. I don't know what to expect there. If there is a small risk getting a noticeably bad panel or if it rather is pretty likely.

pangster

Standard Member
When you say very mild, do you see any at all?
Hardly any!.. (DSE is something that affects pretty much all LCD panels).. and it's pretty much down to luck of the draw a lot of the time.. I'm very happy with the one I have.. i

nugget2014

I've heard a couple bad things about bugs or issues this TV has and I've got one coming in a week, what's this 6 minute dimming issue? Presumably it's self explanatory? Screen dims after being on for 6 mins? If so is there a fix and how noticeable is the dimming? The only other big issue I've seen that would affect me is the ghosting. And then there's the no zones in game mode which is stupid imo

loczki

Novice Member
I am still interested in buying this TV but my doubts are around VRR HDR and Game mode. Does this work properly after latest fixes, or are there still gamma issues?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mola Mola debuts Kula integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett