Samsung Q90R QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This ^

Far to many people seem to look for problems. Turn it on, watch some films and see what you think. If you don't like it then fair enough but life is too short to pixel peep at every single test for me. Just enjoy the damn thing. đź‘Ť

just saw 3 films today and no problems at all, very hard to see, and in 75" it is hard keep eyes in the borders,

as I have 5 years warranty going to keep tv and maybe in 3 or 4 years ask for a replacement :)

Hi all,

Since the new update in 1352 firmware I'm facing an error message saying The audio data is not supported. All my movies worked perfectly fine before the update. Did anyone experienced the same issue ?

What is everyone's opinion on the colour differences between Auto and Native Colourspace. Is Auto oversaturated or Native undersaturated?

My judgment is that Native is Over-saturated. I thought that native meant it would be according to some standard, but I had to change that assumption (And I use Movie mode, which also affects saturation).

Try switching the Gamut between DCIP3 and Rec 2020 in Custom Colourspace and you get the same colour differences. So maybe that is the root difference between Auto and Native?

Please guys I'm really struggling.. Nobody encounter that issue listed above ? (with mkv files etc.. Video but no sound cause it sais "audio data not supporter"

Please guys I'm really struggling.. Nobody encounter that issue listed above ? (with mkv files etc.. Video but no sound cause it sais "audio data not supporter"

What audio format are your mkvs using?

4K HDR 10BITS HEVC / H.265 / 15.4 Mb/s

Audio :
DTS 5.1 / 3649 kb/s

It wasworking perfectly fine before.

Q90R TV never supported playback of DTS, regardless of firmware version.

It doesn't rely to soundbards.

But how do you explain that I could play ALL my movies before and never had a single issue. it's a MKV file. And now since this damn update I can't have the sound on any of them. Even after resetting the tv? How is that even possible ?

How do you explain that it was working flawlessly before the update of firmware then ?
A DTS soundtrack will not be decoded if fed directly to the One Connect box or by using one of the TV's internal apps. It never has done. Connect your source directly to the soundbar and the soundbar will happily decode it.

But guys it was doing it before .. Like 2 days ago ! prior to that update... I didn't change the way that I connected my NAS (straight to the TV with ethernet cable). I'm not crazy everything was working fine. Any chance to force reinstall a tv software ?

But guys it was doing it before .. Like 2 days ago ! prior to that update... I didn't change the way that I connected my NAS (straight to the TV with ethernet cable). I'm not crazy everything was working fine. Any chance to force reinstall a tv software ?

What player are you using to play your mkvs?

I use to play it trough the NAS ethernet navigation folder from the TV directly. OR I use to play it straight from DS_Video (synology) and now neither is working saying the same error.

Again never had issue at all before.

thanks for not helping i'm telling you that all my movies were working fine before. I didn't change anything.

Any new developments on the persistent network cable pop up error fro Samsung?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom