Not open for further replies.

Matson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
q90r1.jpg
q90r2.jpg
q90r3.jpg
q90r4.jpg

With the release right around the corner and reviews starting to pop up I feel that we need a proper owners and discussion thread so we can talk about everything properly.

Last edited:
Yeah it seems only earc is the missing feature at the moment but may come via an update. Lots of comparisons to oled in that review. It sounds like the wide viewing angles and black filter are really doing there job well.

Pricing has yet to be announced, but the 65-inch model reviewed here will cost under £4,000 when it goes on sale in March 2019.

What are we thinking price wise?
£3799 same as 65Q9FN at launch last Year?

Anyone fancy buying my 55XE9305?

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been asked dozens of times but why no Dolby Vision?
It seems a pretty big thing to omit.

So lack of Dolby Vision and Atmos speakers are the negatives. Most can probably live with that especially given the hdr performance. Atmos via tv speakers would most likely be poor regardless.

Pocket lint have a review up also by Steve.....and soon avforums will have its review up which will also be by Steve so 3 reviews for 3 different sites all by one person :rotfl:

Will be 3000
Guys, please don’t fixate on rrp as we all know it means nothing...
Expect 2700 and 3700 resp 55 and 65
Now the game start aka early launch discount, promotions, Samsung finance, pm, curry’s mistakes,...

Open season soon...get ready to hunt
We need an alert system...(twitter group?)

Now the game start aka early launch discount, promotions, Samsung finance, pm, curry’s mistakes,...

I HATE twitter :laugh:
Why no just in here? :D

I paid full whack for my last tv.Painful mistake,Hoping the 65 incher hits around the £3000-£3300 mark sooner rather than later.

Has anybody else signed up the the website for updates on the new sets?

I did last night but I never received any emails saying thank you for registering, not sure if I should have?

Great review on Forbes, looks like its finally upgrade time for me after 10 years

I paid full whack for my last tv.Painful mistake,Hoping the 65 incher hits around the £3000-£3300 mark sooner rather than later.

If anything like last year then good savings can be had from the off.
I purchased the 65Q9FN at launch for £3080 with its rrp being £3799.
Ring around and play them off against each other.
Plenty of margin in it at launch for retailers and I am confident of achieving a similar price on the 65Q90R this year.

Couple of issues, according to J.A. reported there.Fingers crossed that they are sorted.
Hope so, good it's been bought up as most reviews have just highlighted new improved points.

Pocket lint have a review up also by Steve.....and soon avforums will have its review up which will also be by Steve so 3 reviews for 3 different sites all by one person :rotfl:

Turns out Steve has also written the review for Wired

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom