Samsung Q90R QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

Mike15111984

You need to remember though that when using their 'chat' you are getting through to a call centre grunt, not directly to Samsung. Thus they probably know little about future firmware plans...
Yeah i know, wasnt having a go at the chat agents, just frustrating that Samsung lets us contact these agents knowing a lot of time that they cant help us. Very frustrating

Draceus

They promised it though, that Samsung EU rep did at least. Then again if it ends up not coming I'm done with Samsung for good I reckon. Had issues with many of their products and this eARC fiasco will be the straw that broke the camels back.

Come on Samsung step it up! Others have managed to release eARC without any major delays I'm sure you can do it as well.

rborhara

Anyone here watch youtube thru the Smart TV app , is the opening youtube screen pure Black or Grey.
I recall on my LG OLED 2017 model it was pure black in colour.

MEGATAMA

Anyone here watch youtube thru the Smart TV app , is the opening youtube screen pure Black or Grey.
I recall on my LG OLED 2017 model it was pure black in colour.
Yt app on LG and Samsung are not the same,design is different.

cuke2u

Quite..

Morve

Following on from my earlier post i had the repair company out last week to change the boards in my Q90r , he changed the board in the TV and swapped the board in the break out box, however it was DOA. he had to order a replacement , fast forward a week to today, a new tech changed the breakout box board, so far so good, it worked today changed signals fine although i did notice a little flash on the screen when changing (never noticed before), then tonight, same issues!!! back to square one. ill be calling samsung again tomorrow ... Annoying

Draceus

Following on from my earlier post i had the repair company out last week to change the boards in my Q90r , he changed the board in the TV and swapped the board in the break out box, however it was DOA. he had to order a replacement , fast forward a week to today, a new tech changed the breakout box board, so far so good, it worked today changed signals fine although i did notice a little flash on the screen when changing (never noticed before), then tonight, same issues!!! back to square one. ill be calling samsung again tomorrow ... Annoying
They should just replace your TV at this point along with an apology.

cuke2u

Changelog will arrive on the EU Samsung community website at some point, I'll keep an eye out for it...

Draceus

I think it does it auto i.e you don't turn it on so to speak, try plugging external device into one connect box and see if you can get atmos
there should be an option to toggle it on or off I would think. Like the LG's TV where you have the option to. I have an eARC enabled soundbar and when I try to enable DD+ it doesn't work so I guess that means its not enabled?

EDIT: Soundbar still reads "TV ARC" so its for sure not enabled

Mike15111984

there should be an option to toggle it on or off I would think. Like the LG's TV where you have the option to. I have an eARC enabled soundbar and when I try to enable DD+ it doesn't work so I guess that means its not enabled?
I'm not sure, maybe its just a security/stability improvement update. Was good to think for a min that we were getting it. Should of known better from Samsung tbh lol

cuke2u

I think it does it auto i.e you don't turn it on so to speak, try plugging external device into one connect box and see if you can get atmos
Not sure what you mean, I have a receiver plugged into my one connect and I already get atmos source showing up in the receiver from the tv's apps. Do you mean from external apps. Confused...

Mike15111984

Not sure what you mean, I have a reciever plugged into my one connect and I already get atmos source showing up in the reciever from the tv's apps. Do you mean from external apps. Confused...
So my xbox one s, if i go into the one connect box instead of direct to my av receiver i lose dolby atmos sound

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.

Latest News

Tom's Thumbs: What is coming to Netflix in November 2020
  • By AVForums
  • Published
Melco anniversary edition N10 library announced
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon, Marantz and Yamaha AV receivers hit by HDMI 2.1 bug
  • By Andy Bassett