Samsung Q900TS Series Owners Thread

Incog817

Standard Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing from others who have purchased this wonderful TV.

Hope you are enjoying your new TV? What have you upgraded from?

I certainly am thank you. I switched from a 65 inch Sony A1E OLED which was about 3 years old. It had a gorgeous picture. After about 2 weeks gaming and watching show on this thing, I am glad I upgraded and do not think I could go back to a current OLED.

Can you show us some pics of your current setup? Would love to see some RL pics of the beauty.

So from what I believe this is identical to the 950TS other than one connect box? Really interested to hear all your views. I’m really interested in this set but having been a OLED believer for a long time, I’m not taking the leap without much consideration!!

So from what I believe this is identical to the 950TS other than one connect box? Really interested to hear all your views. I’m really interested in this set but having been a OLED believer for a long time, I’m not taking the leap without much consideration!!
Yes they are identical aside from the one connect. As I have said, I have been a plasma/ OLED advocate with every set I have owned. This is my first LED so I do not have much to go on with how the technology has improved from past models. The blacks are so close to OLED and the colors pop in ways OLED does not it would be hard to go back.

Hopefully as more people pick these sets up we can start comparing settings suited for various applications.

Yes they are identical aside from the one connect. As I have said, I have been a plasma/ OLED advocate with every set I have owned. This is my first LED so I do not have much to go on with how the technology has improved from past models. The blacks are so close to OLED and the colors pop in ways OLED does not it would be hard to go back.

Hopefully as more people pick these sets up we can start comparing settings suited for various applications.
Appreciate your views, I’ve been an OLED guy and watch in mixed environments, probably 50/50 between light environment and dark. Something about this set is drawing me to it, despite the eye watering price!!

Just got my 85 Q900T delivered a few hours ago. Very impressed so far. And yes, the built in youtube app plays 8k video!

Likes so far:
  • infinity screen is really impressive, the lack of bezel is really nice, much nicer than anticipated.
  • built in speakers are actually quite good, although I won't use them much as I'll use by HT setup
  • upscaling appears very good so far
  • youtube 8k
  • brightness of screen, very good in my bright family room during the day
  • blacks are very good and contrast is much better than the Q900R I previously had
  • off axis viewing is still very good
  • Alexa is built in, so you can choose Alexa or Bixby

Not so sure, so far:
  • Tilt of the screen, I have to admit it put me off when I put it on the stand. When watching you don't notice it unless you look for it, so it may just take getting used to. If it bothers me in a couple of weeks I will wall mount it.

I came from the 75z9d and the q900r, the latter failed and samsung refunded me/took it back

Can you show us some pics of your current setup? Would love to see some RL pics of the beauty.
My living room is all windows but the glare is non existent when sitting in front. I mounted and tilted to compensate. Looks great!

Attachments

• Image-3.jpg
    Image-3.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 351
  • Image-4.jpg
    Image-4.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 377
I understand that the 2020 900TS doesn’t come with a One Connect box however, is it possible to add one? Is there a One Connect port on the back of the 900TS?

Are owners still loving this TV?
Any major issues or concerns etc? Thanks.

I love mine! I've not had any issues.
Could you please take a pic of the side of the tv im trying to see how it compares to the 950T i just love the way its just a single thickness and just want to compare it to the 900T with the cable ports etc does the 900 have a bulge near the bottom to accept the cables like the oleds have,many thanks
Tony

Could you please take a pic of the side of the tv im trying to see how it compares to the 950T i just love the way its just a single thickness and just want to compare it to the 900T with the cable ports etc does the 900 have a bulge near the bottom to accept the cables like the oleds have,many thanks
Tony

Here you go. this is a 65" Q900TS.

Attachments

• 20201230_163137.jpg
    20201230_163137.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 20201230_163216.jpg
    20201230_163216.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 129
Here you go. this is a 65" Q900TS.
Just a couple of questions do you game if so do you have any problems with next gen consoles preferably Xbox series x and do you get any of the judder/stutter issues the members with 4K sets are having with this year’s QT series many thanks
Tony

Just a couple of questions do you game if so do you have any problems with next gen consoles preferably Xbox series x and do you get any of the judder/stutter issues the members with 4K sets are having with this year’s QT series many thanks
Tony
I dont use the game consoles so i can't help you there. I have played quite a bit of real 4K content (HDR10+) without any issues, as well as a bunch of 8K youtube video's which are gorgeous.

Very close to pulling the trigger on a 65 inch. What’s blooming like in dark scenes? Is it as good as the Q90r of anybody has owned both? Thanks

Tony

gaming on xbox series x daily. no issues, awesome set for gaming. 4k 120 is amazing on this set.

How does the stutter/judder effect these TVs please ie sources only Freesat not Sky or Sky as well etc. Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom