Samsung Q900TS Series Owners Thread

SimonHavfc

Distinguished Member
Hope you are enjoying your new TV? What have you upgraded from?

Incog817

Standard Member
I certainly am thank you. I switched from a 65 inch Sony A1E OLED which was about 3 years old. It had a gorgeous picture. After about 2 weeks gaming and watching show on this thing, I am glad I upgraded and do not think I could go back to a current OLED.

Slugsy01

So from what I believe this is identical to the 950TS other than one connect box? Really interested to hear all your views. I’m really interested in this set but having been a OLED believer for a long time, I’m not taking the leap without much consideration!!

Incog817

Standard Member
So from what I believe this is identical to the 950TS other than one connect box? Really interested to hear all your views. I’m really interested in this set but having been a OLED believer for a long time, I’m not taking the leap without much consideration!!
Yes they are identical aside from the one connect. As I have said, I have been a plasma/ OLED advocate with every set I have owned. This is my first LED so I do not have much to go on with how the technology has improved from past models. The blacks are so close to OLED and the colors pop in ways OLED does not it would be hard to go back.

Hopefully as more people pick these sets up we can start comparing settings suited for various applications.

Slugsy01

Yes they are identical aside from the one connect. As I have said, I have been a plasma/ OLED advocate with every set I have owned. This is my first LED so I do not have much to go on with how the technology has improved from past models. The blacks are so close to OLED and the colors pop in ways OLED does not it would be hard to go back.

Hopefully as more people pick these sets up we can start comparing settings suited for various applications.
Appreciate your views, I’ve been an OLED guy and watch in mixed environments, probably 50/50 between light environment and dark. Something about this set is drawing me to it, despite the eye watering price!!

stirthepot

Novice Member
Just got my 85 Q900T delivered a few hours ago. Very impressed so far. And yes, the built in youtube app plays 8k video!

Likes so far:
  • infinity screen is really impressive, the lack of bezel is really nice, much nicer than anticipated.
  • built in speakers are actually quite good, although I won't use them much as I'll use by HT setup
  • upscaling appears very good so far
  • youtube 8k
  • brightness of screen, very good in my bright family room during the day
  • blacks are very good and contrast is much better than the Q900R I previously had
  • off axis viewing is still very good
  • Alexa is built in, so you can choose Alexa or Bixby

Not so sure, so far:
  • Tilt of the screen, I have to admit it put me off when I put it on the stand. When watching you don't notice it unless you look for it, so it may just take getting used to. If it bothers me in a couple of weeks I will wall mount it.

I came from the 75z9d and the q900r, the latter failed and samsung refunded me/took it back