Samsung Q900R 8K QLED Owners Thread

Shadow of the Tomb Raider, One X, on my 85Q900R :

CRlHtqK.jpg

Z443QdT.jpg

Edit :
The pictures do not reflect the (real) quality image of the 85Q900R screen, for example with the one with Lara in the water : on the Q900R the reflect of the sun in the water is really brillant and gold/yellow (like the sun) and on the picture it's a very low reflect... (sorry) :blush:
Totally stunning looking picture :thumbsup:

Le Bureau des Légendes, French Serie, 4K, Canal Plus on my 85Q900R :

DrTr5Y0.jpg
DplanetHD,

Any chance of showing a picture of your TV from a little way back so we can see how big the 85" screen is with other objects around ??
Totally stunning pictures mate.

I have very bad dse on my 75,
Were I you, I'd go for a faulty change of set. The fact that your One Connect box is playing up with the fan should score your a full swap, as shops will tell you they can't do part swaps just the whole package, which would get you out of any hassle over saying DSE was the issue and the shop saying it's within spec. Or you can say both the panel and box are faulty. Your call there. If you got it from Samsung they'll change it no matter as you have the no quibble return. So, who did you get it from?

Wow. Even a small budget phone gets plastic screen protector but not this one.

Yeah that made me very mad after covering the screen with finger prints lol. For the replacement I have some cotton gloves ready to wear to avoid all that. Its still crazy though how on a tv so expansive theres no screen protector to peel off.

Yeah that made me very mad after covering the screen with finger prints lol. For the replacement I have some cotton gloves ready to wear to avoid all that. Its still crazy though how on a tv so expansive theres no screen protector to peel off.
Something they may add after they start getting returns.
Did you get your's swapped today mate?

The swap is Monday. They didn't get more stock in till today so Monday morning im getting it changed.

Has anyone else noticed the fan on the back of the panel randomly switching on for about 1 min then switches off when not in use (on standby)?
Been using my 75” now for a couple of days and I’ve noticed there is a fan on the rear bottom center of the tv unit that is quite loud (on my unit) it’s louder then all my other equipment including my Xbox One x fan when hot. When on standby the fan will switch on for about 1 min and switch off again at random times.
I also have debris/dirt/dust behind the panel :( I’m having it exchanged next week.
I would love to hear from anybody who is currently playing red dead redemption 2 on their Q900 as I’m having HDR problems and local dimming problems, i’m fully aware HDR on RDR2 is not quite right but for some reason it looks better on my Q9FN and worst on Q900

Last edited:
To be clear, are there fans in both the One Connect Box and panel?

To be clear, are there fans in both the One Connect Box and panel?
Yes there is a fan on the one connect box and a fan on the back bottom centre of the panel, the Q9fn boxes are smaller and lower wattage and run silently and the Q900 box is a lot bigger on the 75” and above and there a higher wattage and in my case a lot louder

Has anyone else noticed the fan on the back of the panel randomly switching on for about 1 min then switches off when not in use (on standby)?
Been using my 75” now for a couple of days and I’ve noticed there is a fan on the rear bottom center of the tv unit that is quite loud (on my unit) it’s louder then all my other equipment including my Xbox One x fan when hot. When on standby the fan will switch on for about 1 min and switch off again at random times.
I also have debris/dirt/dust behind the panel :( I’m having it exchanged next week.
I would love to hear from anybody who is currently playing red dead redemption 2 on their Q900 as I’m having HDR problems and local dimming problems, i’m fully aware HDR on RDR2 is not quite right but for some reason it looks better on my Q9FN and worst on Q900

I haven't heard a single fan from mine mate. You wouldn't even know there were any. RDR2 iv been playing none stop and its absolutely stunning. Not a single issue here. What HDR and dimming problems are you having?

I haven't heard a single fan from mine mate. You wouldn't even know there were any. RDR2 iv been playing none stop and its absolutely stunning. Not a single issue here. What HDR and dimming problems are you having?
I’ll try my best to explain... on rdr2 with my character still the entire screen dims slightly, if I pam the camera left or right the picture will brighten slightly on movement then dim when on a still image, when image is moving the screen is brighter the second it’s on a still image the screen dims, only does this on RDR2 all other games are fine.

Just to make sure... have you turned all the eco settings off? I haven't seen any dimming issues with gaming or RDR2 but it could also depends on what picture mode and settings your having. I have seen dimming issues with other things but that's to be expected when the TV is just released and on the first firmware. The Q9FN took a lot of firmwares to improve dimming issues.

Last edited:
Just to make sure... have you turned all the eco settings off? I haven't seen any dimming issues with gaming or RDR2 but it could also depends on what picture mode and settings your having. I have seen dimming issues with other things but that's to be expected when the TV is just released and on the first firmware. The Q9FN took a lot of firmwares to improve dimming issues.[/QUOTE
I have tried all different settings and picture modes and it still does it, however I have turned HDR off on my Xbox one X and rdr2 looks so much better, the hdr on this game is definitely not right

I have tried all different settings and picture modes and it still does it, however I have turned HDR off on my Xbox one X and rdr2 looks so much better, the hdr on this game is definitely not right
I'm surprised you're not going for a replacement.

Yes, One X is to be set with HDR off, because it's impossible to set it off in RDR2, and because the HDR option is broken in RDR2...

Same as yesterday : seen tonight another movie in HD on my 85Q900R ans it was also fabulous, incredible picture quality for an HD movie : it's very close to a 4K moovie !:clap:

The uspcaling quality of the Q900R est really fantastic, and I'm very happy for my choice of this model ! :)

You checked the motion lighting setting off, you probably have just a thought.

If that was mine it would be back in its box and on its way back to the supplier

You must be really sensitive to DSE I don't think it's that bad at all..

Just shows everyone sees things differently.

You must be really sensitive to DSE I don't think it's that bad at all..

Just shows everyone sees things differently.
Yeah DSE and banding is something I’m very sensitive too

Yeah DSE and banding is something I’m very sensitive too

Must be a nightmare buying a tv. I can live with a little DSE..But only a little.. I try to weight it up, if I can't see it in anything other than say Football pitch.. I'll live with it, if I see in normal everyday content it goes back.

Must be a nightmare buying a tv. I can live with a little DSE..But only a little.. I try to weight it up, if I can't see it in anything other than say Football pitch.. I'll live with it, if I see in normal everyday content it goes back.
That’s the killer for me if I see anything in football it goes back except tint I don’t mind tint in football and long as I can’t see it in anything else

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom