Samsung Q900A with SWA-9000S Rears.

AdderNoir

I’ve looked and can’t see an official Q900A thread as it looks like most people are either going with the Q800A or the Q950A.

Can any owners let me know what their experience with the Q900A is like? Are the rear speakers that are sold separately worth it?

The main unit is currently available from John Lewis for £749 which looks like a great price.

The SWA-9000S rear speakers are available on AO for £229

This brings the total price to £978, this is over £200 cheaper than the 950A.

Any input would be more than welcome.

Andyduz

Hi there, I got the HW-Q900A last week along with the SWA9500S rear speakers and can assure you it’s an awesome package. I'm using with a LG CX and everything works perfectly with no lip sync delays on Sky Q, PS4 or any of the streaming channels through the TV. I’ve upgraded from a Yamaha 2700 and the difference in sound quality is amazing. If you don’t want the rear speakers in use for non surround Tv switch to 'standard' on the SmartThings app and it puts all the sound through the sound bar. Highly recommended.

AdderNoir

That's sounds great, thanks for the response.

ups

Standard Member
A dedicated thread would be great to share ideas/tips.

I just had this delivered and in the process of setting everything up. It's still early, but the main soundbar sounds great. I have to find a way to mount the surrounds as it doesn't come with any brackets before it will be fully operational.

The main unit is currently available from John Lewis for £749 which looks like a great price.

The SWA-9000S rear speakers are available on AO for £229

This brings the total price to £978, this is over £200 cheaper than the 950A.

SWA-9500S surround speakers were available for £125 if bought with the soundbar until a few days ago, in addition to a £200 cashback on the soundbar itself. So it will eventually cost me £675 once I've claimed the cashback. This has now ended however I can see that Richer Sounds is still offering the whole package as a bundle for £873.50 which is better than what you have found. Only downside is that JL is giving 2 year warranty vs 1 year elsewhere.

AdderNoir

Any recommendations for stands for the rears?

Andyduz

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 40

cuke2u

Yep and mine came with the correct screws for attaching the rear of the speakers to the stands as well..

ups

Standard Member
Yep and mine came with the correct screws for attaching the rear of the speakers to the stands as well..

Where did you get it from? I didn't get any screws with the 9500S, wondering if they were missing. No mention of screws being included in the instructions either.

ups

Standard Member
Does anyone know why the instructions for the surrounds say that wall mounts should be able to support more than 8kg, even though the speakers weigh only 1.7kg as per the same document?

I've never mounted speakers before so not sure if I'm missing something?

@AdderNoir Apologies if I am hijacking your thread! As it's related to the conversation, posted here.

outoftheknow

Does anyone know why the instructions for the surrounds say that wall mounts should be able to support more than 8kg, even though the speakers weigh only 1.7kg as per the same document?

I've never mounted speakers before so not sure if I'm missing something?

@AdderNoir Apologies if I am hijacking your thread! As it's related to the conversation, posted here.
Factor of safety around 4-5. Perfectly normal. :)

ups

Standard Member
Factor of safety around 4-5. Perfectly normal. :)

Thanks! How strictly should one follow this though? I was contemplating getting these stands but their rated capacity is 4lbs (1.8kg). Someone in the Q&A also says that they are using them with SWA-9500S, so they do seemingly work with these speakers...

cuke2u

Where did you get it from? I didn't get any screws with the 9500S, wondering if they were missing. No mention of screws being included in the instructions either.
The screws came with the stands I linked too. Apologies if this was confusing...

Andyduz

Correct, realised this a few days after after posting.

whiteswan

Hi there, I got the HW-Q900A last week along with the SWA9500S rear speakers and can assure you it’s an awesome package. I'm using with a LG CX and everything works perfectly with no lip sync delays on Sky Q, PS4 or any of the streaming channels through the TV. I’ve upgraded from a Yamaha 2700 and the difference in sound quality is amazing. If you don’t want the rear speakers in use for non surround Tv switch to 'standard' on the SmartThings app and it puts all the sound through the sound bar. Highly recommended.

I have the 900A & 9500S coming next week and I also have an LG CX Tv - what are your ongoing thoughts on the system ?

I will be putting a XBOXSeries S / Chromecast WITH Stadia and a PC Through mine.

It only has 2 hdmi inputs I believe so I will prob put XBOX & Chromecast into Soundbar - and pc hdmi into tv and ease EARC for the sound - its not a gaming pc and the XBOX will havdle Plex and the streaming stuff.

Dave

CaptainNemo

I connect my Blu-ray and atv4k directly to bar …. Cable tv (Altice one) directly to tv … The 900A has great sound with or without the 9500 speakers connected… placing the subwoofer is equally important and that placement varies room to room

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom