Samsung Q85R/Q80R owners thread

Does anybody knows about Q85r inputs? Its capable for 4k 120 hz? or its just Q90r can do it?

I just owned a 82" Q80R. So far its been pretty good. I have been a Sony user for 15+ years. Few issues am facing
1. UI freezes when using the remote and gets erratic. This was minimal before, but its getting worse.
2. Occasional system crashes. The TV abruptly turns off- there is no timer or anything setup.

Another note, turning off auto motion was a big relief when watching sports. Sony was doing much better job on this undoubtedly.

Am going to watch for few more days. If its not a quick fix, this TV is going back to the retailer.

Does anyone face micro stutters like in this video described by Vincent? This is pretty annoying and I dont see anyone complaining about it.

At 13:06

I ended up returning Q80R and replaced with Sony X950G. I am so glad and happy I did! Sony picture and motion seem far superior.

bye bye Samsung!

I'm looking at getting the 65" Q80 or Q85. I'm a bit confused about the dimming zones though, marketing material shows Q80 having 6x and Q85 having 8x, but other places I've seen it stated that both have 96 zones. So is there a difference in number of zones at 65" or is the only difference the One Connect box?

Got the55" q80r yesterday upgrading from 49" ks8000
First impressions are the black levelsand viewing angles are awesome ,seems to run faster as well
very pleased

i wanna get the 75 inch but does it have vertical banding on horizontal shots secondary to the backlight?

Any one tried the recording feature yet I find it a bit hit and miss
Also mine came with 12 months warrenty any idea how I can extend this
Thanks

my q80r comes tuesday from amazon ,anything want me to test? will test game motion vs freesync

my q80r comes tuesday from amazon ,anything want me to test? will test game motion vs freesync
can u test if the blooming and halo effect in dark scenes with black bars

had the 55" q80r for the weekend and must admit im very impressed.Coming from a 49" ks8000
,which was also very good,the black levels ,sound ,hdr performance are all excellent really pleased with the tv
Just hd recording seems to miss the odd program

Interested in the 65" Q85 as I can pick one up for £1800 but my concern is the stand and a Q80 soundbar. My TV stand wouldn't allow the soundbar to be placed in front of the stand, so can soundbars be placed behind the silver front of the Samsung stand?

20190730_113102.jpg
20190730_113107.jpg

how i clean this? came on my used q80r today ,otherwise tv is great

Does anyone know if the Q85R has the same 6ms reponse times as the q90r without VRR?
Very torn between them both but the Q85R is nearly a grand cheaper.
This will primarily be used as a PC gaming screen so reflections, brightness and blooming are very important as well.

Got my 65 inch Q85r. The purchase was made because of the free Q70r soundbar added with several Q TV models.

Did not want to pay 800 Eur extra for the Q90r, so settled on the Q85r.

Have to say not much of an improvement over my two year old Sony x900e.
Even though, the reflection handling and viewing angles are really impressive, the HDR performance was not. As per some review sites, the Q85r has more than 300+ nits brightness in real scene performance over my old Sony, I was struggling to see the difference and to enjoy HDR.

The one connect box cable did not want to stay in the grooves on the back of the TV and the stand, that was truly annoying (the TV is currently on a stand and awaiting to be wall mounted).

Also, the gaming mode introduces visible colour banding on solid objects on my Nintendo switch games (Mario odyssey for example). Could not fix it with the available settings. Switching to other picture modes eliminates the problem instantly, however, you have increased input lag in other modes.

The "smooth gradation" option, found on my old Sony, would be a god send here.

Hi ,ive got the 55" q80r and i must admit i love it!! one problem ive having though is my 256gb usb 3.0 stick sometimes disconnects and then reconnects,once i had to format the drive as it was not readable either in the tv or on a pc .any ideas?
thanks

Has anyone connected bluetooth headphones to theirs yet, this is a must have feature for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom