Samsung Q85R/Q80R owners thread

Rapiddemon

Novice Member
I didn’t know this TV supported 4K120 in any form, so nice to know it does. I’m confused about the ports though, is everyone else’s ARC on HDMI3? I’d assume the port with the largest bandwidth would be the ARC port but according to the manual and people here, HDMI4 is the best?
My TV is the UK 55Q85R.

david75sk

Owner of Q85R 65 here.

I have problem with HDR content, whenever (netflix) subtitles are displayed in really bright scenes, the rest of image goes darker - cause the tv is tryning to bright the subs to the max. Dont know what to do...

From my understanding the local dimming might be the issue, but for HDR it should be crancked up to the max anyway... because if I put it to medium or low, can tell the difference between HDR and non HDR content...

Anyone here is facing the same situation? The google tells nothing. Thank you.

Rapiddemon

Novice Member
I applied update 1371 and I wish I hadn’t. The sound now seems to have a auto level even when turned off. The dimming is awful now, constant brightness changes even when not in HDR. Also the motion handling is even worse than before.

Roggster

I applied update 1371 and I wish I hadn’t. The sound now seems to have a auto level even when turned off. The dimming is awful now, constant brightness changes even when not in HDR. Also the motion handling is even worse than before.
I’ve not tried it myself yet, but usually when everything is a mess after an update do a hard restart (turn off and unplug if it’s easier)

🤞

Rapiddemon

Novice Member
I’ve not tried it myself yet, but usually when everything is a mess after an update do a hard restart (turn off and unplug if it’s easier)

🤞
Yes, I generally do a cold boot after an update anyway, especially one this large. Other than the issues I’ve mentioned, I see no changes to the Tv, so who knows what it was for. Some speculation it’s a gateway update for earc but knowing Samsung, I doubt it. As we know, They don’t support products past a few months as they seem intent on trying to force people to upgrade their TVs every year.

spud131

When I search on the universal guide on the home bar it only seems to bring up results that are either on Virgin (which are being played at that time), on Apple tv, Chilli or YouTube. It doesn't bring up any results from netflix, amazon prime, Disney + or any of the other streaming services. Is this normal or is there a way to select what services it searches?

evans76

Hi all, my 10 month old 65” Q85R has developed a weird green/yellow patch on the bottom centre of the screen.

Anyone else had a similar issue?

A bit annoyed that after spending £1600 it’s gone wrong already. Should curry’s replace?

cheers
Yep, the panel is gone. This is a Sammy job, call them, send the evidence to the email address they send you and they will then arrange for an engineer from one of their affilliates to come and change the panel.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom