Samsung Q80T Owners thread

Does this TV suck for gaming then?

Well there I was, with the Q80T at the top of my list after reading all the reviews ... but then I actually went into a showroom, saw one and ruled it out. The reason? Although it looks brilliant head on, I was actually quite shocked to see how much the brightness and contrast plummets if you stand only slightly to one side. By way of contrast, the Q90T a few metres away from it retained full vibrance at quite an acute angle.

Well there I was, with the Q80T at the top of my list after reading all the reviews ... but then I actually went into a showroom, saw one and ruled it out. The reason? Although it looks brilliant head on, I was actually quite shocked to see how much the brightness and contrast plummets if you stand only slightly to one side. By way of contrast, the Q90T a few metres away from it retained full vibrance at quite an acute angle.

Yeah this is where I'm at to regards the Q80T.

Was hoping get the TV and take advantage of the soundbar offer but thinking long term it's probably best to just get either the Q85T or Q90T which both have better sound than the Q80T out the box so may be okay anyway.

It says the 85 and 90 come with "anti reflection screen" I presume this leads to the better viewing angles?

Yeah this is where I'm at to regards the Q80T.

Was hoping get the TV and take advantage of the soundbar offer but thinking long term it's probably best to just get either the Q85T or Q90T which both have better sound than the Q80T out the box so may be okay anyway.

It says the 85 and 90 come with "anti reflection screen" I presume this leads to the better viewing angles?
I don't think the anti-reflection screen affects the viewing angle at all, but rather it is something to do with the make up of the panel itself. I'm sure somebody with technical knowledge will be along to explain. The reason I was so surprised is that my late father bought a Wharfedale TV from Argos, probably about fifteen years ago now, which apart from having a very good, natural looking picture, was viewable from the most acute angles imaginable (presumably made by Vestel). I was very surprised to find that Samsung were now producing a screen that was so vastly inferior in this respect. I'm only glad that I saw the Q80T in a shop before buying; I know this should be an essential precaution anyway, but I think many people these days buy without even bothering. I know I nearly did because I know shop displays can be misleading and assumed all modern TVs achieving certain specs can be set up to taste. However one thing that can't be altered is a very narrow viewing angle. In fact if I was a very cynical person I might think that the Q80T is produced mainly to enable salesmen to up-sell to customers the more expensive models. ;)

Your right seems anti reflection screen is another feature the 85 and 90 have over the 80 as along with this it states "ultra viewing angle" for the 85 and 90 compared to just "wide viewing angle" for the 80 which taking your word for it isn't very wide at all anyways haha.

Plus the 85 and 90 have 8 speakers rather than the 80s 6 with the 85 having a higher peak brightness and the 90 higher again.

Think I'm definetly sold on the Q85T and dependent on prices come black Friday maybe even the Q90T.

Hello all. I just bought a Polk Signa s2 & after allmost 7 days of trying to connect via ARC to my Q80T, i was wondering if anyone else here could offer some guidance. Cannot get sound to work.

It seems to be the TV that is the problem, as i connected to a Toshiba bedroom TV, and also a my sons Sharp TV.......in both cases connection was immediate with no problems with sound.
Any advice appreciated before i get the sledge hammer out.

Thank you.

Hello, recently got the Q80T and the other night while watching Saving Private Ryan, something unusual in a particular scene. Wondering if fellow owners able to inform me, what is this issue known as? Could it be corrected via settings, or is it a defective unit? And anyone else experiencing this?

h ttps://drive.google.com/file/d/12m9QccTIVutfs_PpVLLPMSGx8MUOnIOI/view?usp=drivesdk

Am referring to the light that is above the fire in the picture, towards the end of the video, the light even appears at the bottom left side.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20201014_215945.jpg
    IMG_20201014_215945.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 372
Hi Guys picked up my 49inch q80t today via eBay for £600. Thought it was a good price for this amount. It’s only used head on so not too bothered about the viewing angles

I don't think the anti-reflection screen affects the viewing angle at all, but rather it is something to do with the make up of the panel itself. I'm sure somebody with technical knowledge will be along to explain. The reason I was so surprised is that my late father bought a Wharfedale TV from Argos, probably about fifteen years ago now, which apart from having a very good, natural looking picture, was viewable from the most acute angles imaginable (presumably made by Vestel). I was very surprised to find that Samsung were now producing a screen that was so vastly inferior in this respect. I'm only glad that I saw the Q80T in a shop before buying; I know this should be an essential precaution anyway, but I think many people these days buy without even bothering. I know I nearly did because I know shop displays can be misleading and assumed all modern TVs achieving certain specs can be set up to taste. However one thing that can't be altered is a very narrow viewing angle. In fact if I was a very cynical person I might think that the Q80T is produced mainly to enable salesmen to up-sell to customers the more expensive models. ;)
Bizarre because I have the 65Q80t in a large room with large l shaped sofa so all kinds of viewing angles and there's no drop off of colour or image ? I also have it on the wall with full movement bracket so if there were any need to alter the tv position it takes 2 seconds.
Do you sit 90 degrees off centre ? Because the way you are describing it if you are not directly in front of it you can't see it which is a load of rubbish.

Well, I got my 55” today (upgrading from an old 47 led) and after negotiating a bargain with Sky, am now enjoying UHD HDR via Netflix. The picture quality is sensational and the setup and using EArc & Arc on my amp was dead easy.
Delighted too with the quality via Prime app.
😊

Any stuttering, juddering or motion issues whilst viewing Sky channels?

Not that I have observed so far.
Massive judder problems on the 49" here. Sky HD and the native TV tuner. Samsung support say wait on a software update, I'm pushing for my money back.

Massive judder problems on the 49" here. Sky HD and the native TV tuner. Samsung support say wait on a software update, I'm pushing for my money back.

Been a samsung owner for years, this replaced my trusty B650 which was ancient but didn't have half these problems. My advice, avoid this tv at all costs.

Been a samsung owner for years, this replaced my trusty B650 which was ancient but didn't have half these problems. My advice, avoid this tv at all costs.

Really, that’s a shame to hear, I have pretty much earmarked the 55 q80t as my next tv. Reviews are mainly positive? It seems that whatever television I settle on I read that there is some major issue and I move on to the next. I’ll never buy a new TV at this rate!

I do want HDMI 2.1 which does somewhat limit my choices.

Not sure if it’s because I’m not “looking for the issue” but I can’t seem to see any problem with anything I’ve watched so far. I only watch freeview via the internal tuner and streaming via the inbuilt apps.

Streaming is absolutely fine, great picture, no judder.

TV and in particular Sports viewing whether its from the internal tuner or sky, it's like it can't decide what frame rate to play it at.

Hello, recently got the Q80T and the other night while watching Saving Private Ryan, something unusual in a particular scene. Wondering if fellow owners able to inform me, what is this issue known as? Could it be corrected via settings, or is it a defective unit? And anyone else experiencing this?

h ttps://drive.google.com/file/d/12m9QccTIVutfs_PpVLLPMSGx8MUOnIOI/view?usp=drivesdk

Am referring to the light that is above the fire in the picture, towards the end of the video, the light even appears at the bottom left side.

Thanks in advance.
This was brought up before and apparently its lens flare and not the tv👍

Can someone help me.. ive bought the q80t together with a hw q950t soundbar. But i want to put up two hdmi 2.1 devices on the soundbar. Can i connect the soundbar to hdmi 4(game) so i can passtrough the 2 hdmi 2.1 device (xbox series X) and pc gpu hdmi 2.1, so i can use the 4k 120hz function

Doesn't look like the hdmi ports are 2.1 from this review:
Screenshot_20201031-180437_Chrome.jpg

Thanks. For your info my friend... yeah i try to find the best solution for my future of gaming..... because i have 2 hdmi 2.1 devices and only 1 hdmi 2.1 port on the Q80T so i thought, mayb if i get this new soundbar with hdmi 2 devices trough 1 cable

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom