Samsung Q80R - Odd color shifting in certain video games

Strider319

Novice Member
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums and have scoured the interwebs high and low for information/answers regarding an somewhat irritating issue im having with certain games on my samsung Q80R QLED.

So the issue I am have can only be described as some sort of color shift when panning the camera. Dark textures particularly on foiliage/trees in game will darken or shift with any camera movement and its only certain shades and more noticeable during darker scenes. Kind of a first world problem but drives my OCD up the wall lol. Lowering the sharpness value does somewhat mitigate the problem but its still there. Also I have tried adjusting the contrast settings and made sure nothing dynamic is running and yes game mode is on. I also tried to replicate the issue on another monitor (IPS panel) and noticed it there as well but somewhat less obvious.

I'm pretty sure nothing settings wise is going to resove this issue but I think if knew what was happening and why might bring some understanding, I do understand no TV will be perfect but this issue is very distracting to me and can't seem to get a good answer. Some folks say it's ghosting on the TV which i don't think that's it, others say its the anti-aliasing used in game. If anyone has any input on what might be happening here would be greatly appreciated.

Strider319

Novice Member
Here are the links for recorded footage. Apologies if the quality is low. The recorded footage does somewhat lessen the effect of what it looks like in person. Pay attention to the foiliage as the camera moves.

Strider319

Novice Member
So these videos I attached are pretty bad you might need to copy the link ands go directly to the YouTube link and make sure to up the resolution in the video to 1080p

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom