Quantcast

Samsung Q800T 8K QLED TV Preview

RMP888

Thanks for the information Is it possible to provide some further details or close up pictures eg as the one connect box is not present, what impact has this had on
  1. the TV thickness - is it thick as a brick now?
  2. is the back of it entirely flat like the others in the range?
  3. where are the inputs out puts etc, in the middle or on the sides
  4. With the extra weight of the connect box insides being in the panel , is the center stand still there?
  5. Dimming Zones, it has less than the flagship, but how many less or more that last years 8k?
  6. is the number of dimming zone constant across the various sizes?
  7. is the number of dimming zones more that last years flagship? Samsung is tricky [manufacturing efficient], as it would not surprise me that they take last years flagship and make it the bottom of their 8k range this year.
  8. is the screen filter to minimize reflections still in use?
  9. what did the remote look like?
looking forward to when you get a set to test.

DGN

Standard Member
Lots of talk about affordability but unless I am in need of glasses, no actual mention of price!

Marcusdr

Novice Member
According to this video it seems that last years 4k models will be better than this years. It will be interesting to see how this compares with last years Q950R.

Livemo

According to this video it seems that last years 4k models will be better than this years. It will be interesting to see how this compares with last years Q950R.

Yep, samsung is going out all 8k. This years 4k will be very much middle tier in terms of preference.

RMP888

interesting video, indeed FOMO really puts some analysis behind his content/thoughts and where there informational density, he presents summary charts to make it easier for the viewer to follow. I do hope that the information he has is not correct as think a Samsung 4k at 75 inch screen size will be a good cheaper alternative than a Samsung 8K at 75 inches.

But coming back to this preview as there is no connect box, is there any impact on the TV design? I presume that people who actually saw the TV can comment?

Last edited: