Samsung Q7FN - HDR notification

Murrayad

Novice Member
Hi guys,

Just got a Q7FN today and I have to say really impressed with the PQ. My only gripe is when playing HDR content in either the internal Netflix app or from a set top box the TV does not inform you if it has picked up the HDR. LG's for example will have the notification at the top right side. I'm almost positive it is indeed playing HDR as the colour option auto switches from native to auto and the backlight automatically jumps to the highest setting. I was just expecting some confirmation. Does anyone know how to get such a confirmation or is this just how Samsung's manage HDR content? Cheers in advance.

dannius

Samsung TVs don’t have a notification to tell you when you’re watching HDR, but if you press the home button, go across to the left to ‘Settings’ you’ll see in the ‘Quick Settings’ menu above it has a ‘Picture Mode’ icon and if you’re watching HDR it says so there.

zeppelino

Distinguished Member
Sounds easier, why didn’t I see that before?! :laugh:

You’d be surprised how many disregard that remote. So many buttons that get you directly to the appropriate menu. Makes changing settings so easy!

Don’t get me wrong, the smart remote is great but sometimes it over complicates things.

On the silver control on the Q9FN you can use its voice command button to say "info" to get the information up same as the info button on the black control.
If the q7fn has that voice control ability.

zeppelino

Distinguished Member
On the silver control on the Q9FN you can use its voice command button to say "info" to get the information up same as the info button on the black control.
If the q7fn has that voice control ability.

Just tried this - Works on the 2017 Q7 so safe to presume it’ll work on 2018 one.

Duncan1977

Does the Q9FN have 2 remotes in the UK? Mine came with just the silver one...
Comes with two, the standard black plastic one with tens of buttons, and the silver one - both came packaged together in the four panel accessory / instruction baggy... Glad that I only missed out on the three base screws - easier to replace than the primary remote!

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom