• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung Q7F HDMI no signal

Sphinxy

Novice Member
Hey all,

I have an issue with my week old Samsung Q7F.
The model is QA55Q7FNAWXXY
Today it decided to not display anything from my HDMI inputs.
All week its been fine, today I turned on my tv and my xbox one x and it came up saying HDMI 1 no signal. I tried power cycling everything, tried different ports (when I'd plug the cable into the One Connect box it would start the "Scanning Devices" thing, then pop up saying No Devices Detected).
Yet when I look at the sources it had the tick on the HDMI 1 source to show it detects a device but it isnt identified.
I tried going through the universal remote setup thing but it didn't help. I tried my PS4 and my soundbar and they were the same. Tested the xbox with a spare monitor I have and its working perfectly on that.
I tried every setting I could find, including the HDMI-CEC thing on or off, didnt make a difference.
I factory reset the TV/One Connect box but still the same deal.

All firmware is up to date. Anyone got any ideas or is this thing cooked?

What was wrong with normal HMDI ports, better than all this smart connect automatic rubbish

Delta38

Have you tried unplugging everything from the mains power for a least 10 mins- 20 mins ?
Don't know about smart T.V. Dumb T.V.
Sam slug I own Two prefer L.G. or SONY.
Hope you stay calm with the One Connect Box , not too many speed humps or changes
as it will not comply , once set up don't touch or else.

Sphinxy

Novice Member
Update: It seems fixed. I unplugged absolutely every cable, let it sit for another half hour, plugged it all back in and now its working again. Did that earlier today but it didnt work this, this time it did...strange. Hopefully sorted for good

Delta38

Very strange this Sam slug Samsung brand ?
My trouble was my UA50KU6000WXXY it would turn off and back on at random.
Unplugged it for a few minutes and reconnected it same problem.
Tried it for a longer time and it seemed to fix it , but my youngest boy has it now as
I have another T.V. a Samsung UA55KS8000WXXY Quantum Dot Display.
4k Sweetness , UHDs just over 80 now Documentaries look Fantastic.
If you have problems you're at the mercy of Customer Support or a firm ware upgrade ?

swanny78

I have exactly same issue with my brand new Samsung Frame 2020 TV. No hdmi signal from any devices I connect tried multiple hdmi cables no joy spent hours thinking I was doing something wrong and saw these forums about similar issues. I called Samsung who sent an authorised repairer out who said yes needs replacing. Samsung the closed the case 😡. I called them back and they have me a replacement code to give to retailer . I gave the retailer that and they want me to do a full return of the panel and everything not just the one connect box. My panel is wall mounted and cables in wall etc so that’s not easy to do. I called Samsung back and explained I just want a new connect box not to replace the whole TV setup. They then went on to tell me the one connect box is configured specifically for each individual panel so can’t just replace the one connect box. I call [email protected]*t on that but what do you guys think. Are they just being awkward? Brand new 1300 tv and I can’t use hdmi I’m raging.

andy1249

Distinguished Member
They then went on to tell me the one connect box is configured specifically for each individual panel

This is true.
I guess they dont want a second hand market in one connect boxes.
They are hardware locked to a single device, you have no option but to return the entire unit.

swanny78

This is true.
They are hardware locked to a single device, you have no option but to return the entire unit.
Cheers Andy at least now I know. . Looks like full return then 😡

cuke2u

This is true.
I had a one connect box replaced on my js9000 and I can assure you they aren't locked to a single device. They can also be replaced for the q90r from online sources...

swanny78

I had a one connect box replaced on my js9000 and I can assure you they aren't locked to a single device. They can also be replaced for the q90r from online sources...
Oh ok 2 different answers. As it’s a brand new tv I don’t want to buy a new box , but I don’t have a spare to test so I’ll guess I’ll need to suck it up and pack it all up and return it 😡 either way

swanny78

So update on this the retailer sent me a replacement before picking up the old TV. So gave me the opportunity to do some tests. So good news the one connect boxes can be used interchangeably the new one connect box works fine with my existing panel (same make model). However frustratingly the issue was not fixed and still wouldn’t send a picture to the panel. However I swapped out the one connect cable with the new one (cable that connects the panel to the one connect box) and that worked a treat. So the whole time it was a faulty cable so easily fixed , but retailer and Samsung made this much more difficult than it needed to be . 😡😡. Faulty cable put into new tv box and will be returned . What a polava!!

gumpy321

I know you won't like this, but it's easily probable that it was you that accidently damaged the one connect cable.

They are very easily damaged and don't always exhibit faults straight away.

I think this is personally why Samsung are slowly reducing the number of models that come with one connect boxes as they have had nothing but trouble with them (One connect cable).

I never thought the cables were that consumer friendly anyway.

swanny78

I know you won't like this, but it's easily probable that it was you that accidently damaged the one connect cable.

They are very easily damaged and don't always exhibit faults straight away.

I think this is personally why Samsung are slowly reducing the number of models that come with one connect boxes as they have had nothing but trouble with them (One connect cable).

I never thought the cables were that consumer friendly anyway.
I think they are a great idea and the thought that it can send power and HDMI 4k 120hz hdmi 2.1 over such a small cable blows me away, but as you say they do look to be very fragile. It could be I damaged it but I did nothing other than unpack it and plug it in, there were no tight angles or bends etc. Fingers crossed this one lasts, its buried well out the way so can not be accidentally pulled or kicked.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom