Samsung Q70T smudge won’t come off

jdrap

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I bought a Samsung Q70T around a month ago which I’m quite happy with :)

However, a couple of days ago I saw a weird smudge on the screen when turned off, at first I thought that it was just dirty but after trying to clean it with a microfibre cloth it won’t come out. On the image shared it appears at the left of the screen but it goes all the way to the right just in the center part of the screen.

The smudge is very difficult to see, it’s just visible when the TV is off and at certain times of the day (when the sunlight hits it in a specific way). With a different lightning or when it’s turned on it’s not possible to see it, even when I can see it, if I change my perspective or go close to the TV I cannot distinguish it.

I’m already thinking about contacting Samsung, but wanted to share first the image with more people just in case it is something common that can be removed with a more exhaustive cleaning (using distilled water with the cloth for instance)

I will appreciate any comment! Thanks!!!

324D338A-BD17-441A-AAB0-383AFD517E70.jpeg

It's hard to make it out from the photograph but there are many, many reports on various threads about different models all saying they are having similar issues with marks and smudges on the screens.

Hi! Thanks for your reply, been looking at old posts (should have done that earlier, sorry for that) and it looks pretty similar to some cases in Anti Glare On Samsung Q9FN TV Issue

I've contacted Samsung, I know the picture is not ideal but it's reaaaaally difficult to see, let's see what Samsung replies but I'm tempted to try the iso alcohol cleaning method 🤔

My parents just got the Q70T and they're adament they can see protective film on the screen that seems to be effecting the quality of the picture and also the reflection (looks similar to your picture).

After contacting Samsung they have been advised that it should be peeled off.

I'm not saying for you to do this, but might be worth taking a closer look at the edges of your screen.

Hi! Thanks for your reply, been looking at old posts (should have done that earlier, sorry for that) and it looks pretty similar to some cases in Anti Glare On Samsung Q9FN TV Issue

I've contacted Samsung, I know the picture is not ideal but it's reaaaaally difficult to see, let's see what Samsung replies but I'm tempted to try the iso alcohol cleaning method 🤔

Personally I wouldn't try anything unless you have written confirmation from Samsung first. Sounds like this could be a huge issue for them.

My parents just got the Q70T and they're adament they can see protective film on the screen that seems to be effecting the quality of the picture and also the reflection (looks similar to your picture).

After contacting Samsung they have been advised that it should be peeled off.

I'm not saying for you to do this, but might be worth taking a closer look at the edges of your screen.
I've spent some time today looking at it closely and I think it doesnt have any protector xD, thanks for the reply!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom