SAMSUNG Q70T or JBL Bar 9.1? I have to make a decision today!

Frank Smith

I can get the Samsung for £399 as Curry's have matched an offer I've seen online. I've had issues with every Samsung product I've owned (phone, tablet, watch, TV and even the fridge) so have been avoiding them but this price looks good.

Another soundbar I've been looking at is the JBL 9.1 which is almost double the price. My question is whether it's worth it over the Samsung?

The price match code runs out today so any tips will be much greatly appreciated.

Ruffuz

I had jbl 9.1 and now I have q800t(slightly bigger woofer than q70t).

I prefer Sammy, so would go for Q70T and add rears if you're looking for surround sound.

Purplehat66

Novice Member
I had jbl 9.1 and now I have q800t(slightly bigger woofer than q70t).

I prefer Sammy, so would go for Q70T and add rears if you're looking for surround sound.
You think the Samsung Q800T is better than the JBL 9.1? I've had to send back two Q800Ts as the boxes were damaged, and have now just bought the JBL 9.1 for £200 more (£600 for the JBL vs £400 for the Samsungs). I hope I didn't make a bad mistake.

Frank Smith

You think the Samsung Q800T is better than the JBL 9.1? I've had to send back two Q800Ts as the boxes were damaged, and have now just bought the JBL 9.1 for £200 more (£600 for the JBL vs £400 for the Samsungs). I hope I didn't make a bad mistake.
You sent it back because the boxes, which you are going to open, were damaged? You didn't even test the actual product?

Ruffuz

Yes, q800t is better soundbar, but obviously you need to add rears so it competes with jbl in every front.

Purplehat66

Novice Member
You sent it back because the boxes, which you are going to open, were damaged? You didn't even test the actual product?
They were roughed up pretty bad; one had a huge hole that exposed the fabric of the subwoofer and the other had water damage to the bottom of the box. Not taking any chances with that.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom