Samsung Q70R (QE55Q70R) QLED TV Review & Comments

Interested in the 75”, anyone have any first hand experience with football or 4K HDR movies with it?

Picked up the 55" Q70R from the Samsung discount portal which was delivered Friday. Yet to unbox it but will be a massive upgrade over my old 32" UE32H5500.

Finally got round to unboxing this last night and it's great. I've only watched a little bit of TV (caught some of MOTD) and played a few hours on Battlefield V on the Xbox One X.

Does anybody have any settings that I should check? I've turned off several of the auto functions but haven't really gone through anything else.

My current 55" Samsung tv is on it's way out and the 65" Q70R is a contender as a replacement. I'm not a gamer at all, and it'll be mainly used for Blu rays, 4k discs and streaming. Am I massively missing out with the lack of Dolby Vision or should I be looking at another brand?
Based on a shop demo, the images seemed impressive enough, and the current price point of £1499, coupled with the fact I can get 50% off a Samsung Atmos soundbar is a big draw. I just worry a little that I'll be missing out and that the PQ will be a little too much of a compromise if I don't go for something with Dolby Vision.
I don't have a limitless budget, and have decided against an OLED due to worries of screen burn.

@Drax1 if you hadn't already seen this thread, if you have access through an employee discount portal, you might be able to get a further 25% off of the QLED range from Samsung directly:

Hallo community , i wanted to ask one question , i have samsung KS7000 , 55inch, i'm planing to sell my ks7000, and upgrade to samsung Q70R , 55 inch , since prices are down , and in my country it costs about 950 euros , for 55 inch unit. Maybe some one , had such upgrade ? is it worth it? cause , my ks on paper still has some advantages against Q70R, like brightness , has wider color gammut, maybe someone from experienced members can tell , cause my tv is from 2016, first quantum dot display :)

55Q70R now below £1k @ John Lewis!! Before I go any further, for any owners ,how is the reflection handling in real use? I'll be watching in a large lounge with patio doors to the South and a large North facing window -and I do most of my watching in daylight or evening with background room lighting . Never watch in cave conditions!!

55Q70R now below £1k @ John Lewis!! Before I go any further, for any owners ,how is the reflection handling in real use? I'll be watching in a large lounge with patio doors to the South and a large North facing window -and I do most of my watching in daylight or evening with background room lighting . Never watch in cave conditions!!
What i so when i was the store , i can say you this , tv lacks brightness , ant it seems like more Q60R , a more "muscular" version, Samsungs 7 series usually where , the sweet spot between price and performance, but not this year. My KS7000 (55inch) 2016 model , looks better in terms of color , brighter. reflections , they are note very noticeable , but since tv has rather low brightness , it is struggles to fight them. What i have noticed , when you switch tv in to movie mode , and i watched few 4k hdr movie trailers , tv displays rather dull image witch a lot of grain , colors dont look saturated and i never so 7 series dropping so low in price, in my country 55inch costs 920 euros , at this moment, when price hit so low, i was concerned that something is not good , it is budget tv. I'm keeping my 2016 model , it performs better than 2019 model in terms of picture, yes menu and tv is more snappy than mine , but overall not worth the upgrade in my case...

Hi!
I must to buy a TV. I am considering two models: Sony XG9505 or Samsung Q80R - which is better?

Has the q70r had an earc update as promised On review sires early in year?

@rdundas I don't recall reading anywhere that promised Samsung were going to add in EARC into any of the 2019 QLEDs. At best I read several reviews that said it was rumoured but nothing from Samsung confirming this.

Looking at getting this in 82” to replace a DX902 65”. Does anyone know if the 82 has more than 50 dimming zones please?

Picked up a 65" Q7DR (Costco version of the Q70R).

Excellent TV, but the simple (minded) remote is totally worthless. Ended up buying a real remote with a keypad from Amazon... It supports all the functions as the worthless one, but without the frustration.
remote.jpg

Picked up a 65" Q7DR (Costco version of the Q70R).

Excellent TV, but the simple (minded) remote is totally worthless. Ended up buying a real remote with a keypad from Amazon... It supports all the functions as the worthless one, but without the frustration.
View attachment 1234252

In USA? Costco don't do samsung in UK.

I just returned my 65Q70r (£1300) due to dirty screen effect (DSE), watching sports was aweful motherwise a good TV. In UK we get 2 remotes, both with netflix & prime buttons.

Any DSE issues on your TV?
Out of curiosity, how much did you pay?

In USA? Costco don't do samsung in UK.

I just returned my 65Q70r (£1300) due to dirty screen effect (DSE), watching sports was aweful motherwise a good TV. In UK we get 2 remotes, both with netflix & prime buttons.

Any DSE issues on your TV?
Out of curiosity, how much did you pay?
Yup, I'm in the U.S.

RTINGS.com mentioned DSE in their review ( Samsung Q70/Q70R QLED Review (QN49Q70R, QN55Q70R, QN65Q70R, QN75Q70R, QN82Q70R, QN85Q70R) ), but I haven't noticed any issues so far (I've only had the TV for a month).

At Costco, I paid $1200 (about £920) for the 65Q7DR.

Yup, I'm in the U.S.

RTINGS.com mentioned DSE in their review ( Samsung Q70/Q70R QLED Review (QN49Q70R, QN55Q70R, QN65Q70R, QN75Q70R, QN82Q70R, QN85Q70R) ), but I haven't noticed any issues so far (I've only had the TV for a month).

At Costco, I paid $1200 (about £920) for the 65Q7DR.

£920... wow !! I know I shouldn't have asked you :)

I saw that review and DSE being mentioned and noted they didn't make a fuss about it and here is why...

This morning I went by a TV store and the Samsung chap put on youtube to test out a "grey scale test" on 65q70, 65q60 & 55q60... all screens were fine, which implies I had a dud screen.

In the darker room where a 65 is going (again), I am sure the 65q60 will be perfect. I will wait for post Christmas sales and see which way the prices drag me, q70 or q60.

Costco UK are doing the 65U8B for £699 delivered, that stand though, it will have to go on the wall.

My 3-week old 82" Q70 from Costco has some pretty bad DSE. I'm going to attempt to return it. I really don't want to enter the screen 'lottery' changing out 100lb screens w/ every attempt.

The 55" is currently £799 at most stores, including Richer Sounds.

The reviews of this model are good but most of the feedback on this forum seems negative. Is the Q70R a good buy at this price?

I'm looking to upgrade my 5 year old LG 42" LCD.

Thanks.

With the Samsung Q70 55" what is the distance apart of the legs please?

Thank you

The 55" is currently £799 at most stores, including Richer Sounds.

The reviews of this model are good but most of the feedback on this forum seems negative. Is the Q70R a good buy at this price?

I'm looking to upgrade my 5 year old LG 42" LCD.

Thanks.
Q70r It's a well built TV, better than q60.

What a waste of time buying the 65" which I returned, having said that 65q70 and a 55q60 in curry's had better screens.... So a lottery.

If you want an all round TV, just get a decent edge lit, q60 or ru8000 or even the hisense u8b from costco. 90 days return policy at Costco.

I went for the 65c9pla, Shame as 65q70 was good but awful DSE for watching light scenes, such as golf.

What a waste of time buying the 65" which I returned, having said that 65q70 and a 55q60 in curry's had better screens.... So a lottery.

If you want an all round TV, just get a decent edge lit, q60 or ru8000 or even the hisense u8b from costco. 90 days return policy at Costco.

I went for the 65c9pla, Shame as 65q70 was good but awful DSE for watching light scenes, such as golf.

I just picked up a Q85r for £999 from Currys. Absolute bargain.

Hello guys I really need help. Just bought Q70R and when I turn on the TV there's an animation where two black bars open up vertically and the last used app will automatically open (which is normal). But sometimes when I turn ON the TV (maybe when I leave the TV OFF for a few minutes) I get SAMSUNG QLED logo and does not run the last used app! It sounds like a hard reset or something. Is this normal? Why this happens?

If you're holding down the power button it'll make the tv reboot. Doesnt have to be very long, just a second or two.

If you're holding down the power button it'll make the tv reboot. Doesnt have to be very long, just a second or two.
Yes but thats not the case. Even a quick press will make this happen. If I turn on the tv within few seconds, it starts normally. If I turn it within few minutes it will show SAMSUNG QLED logo. The only explanation that makes sense is that when I turn off the TV, it puts itself in standby mode for few seconds then completely turn off after that. Is that makes sense at all? Also please, can Q70R owners confirm if they have the same thing? Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom