Samsung Q70R and DTS

Palantir8

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

first of all, I do apologize if this question's been already answered. The Q70R series do not support DTS. Unfortunately I have several movies with DTS codec, so my TV play the picture but not the sound. Will soundbar overcome this problem? If yes, what soundbar sould I buy? Any suggestions? I was thinking of Sony HT-X8500. This soundbar supports DTS:X and Dolby Atmos, even though I will not be able to use Dolby Atmos, because this TV doesn't have eARC and HDMI 2.1 only ARC and HDMI 2.0. I have no experience with soundbars. Or is there any other way to play DTS movies?
Thanks for any reply.

Last edited:
Are the movies on Bluray ? If so you connect the bluray player to the soundbar

The tv can pass the DTS and will play it on a DTS compatible soundbar connected via ARC. Tv will pass any audio signal as long as the output amp or soundbar can play the format

The tv can pass the DTS and will play it on a DTS compatible soundbar connected via ARC. Tv will pass any audio signal as long as the output amp or soundbar can play the format
Thx for the info.

Infact iam watching a DTS movie on usb and the tv is playing it fine. So i guess its a yes !

Could you confirm that you have a DTS movie on a usb and when you plug that usb into the TV, the DTS sound track plays through TV?

Could you confirm that you have a DTS movie on a usb and when you plug that usb into the TV, the DTS sound track plays through TV?
Correct. Played perfectly through tv, also on the soundbar. Dts is the only audio available on the movie so def playing DTS, the soundbar also confirms its a DTS track.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom