Samsung Q700A soundbar Dolby Atmos eARC issue (Xbox)

NanoGuidingStar

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a LG C1 and a Samsung Q700A Soundbar, both of them are new release in 2021.

The question is after I set all up, my Xbox just can't passthrough Dolby Atmos audio to my new Soundbar.

(I used Sony HT-X8500 soundbar before, and I didn't have issue like this. HTX8500 worked fine when I using Dolby Atmos Home Theater on Xbox with eARC.)

My setting>>> TV set to Passtrough with eARC enable, Xbox set to bitstream

When I set my Xbox to bitstream, I can't choose Dolby Atmos Home theater. It says my Soundbar(Q700A) doesn't support Dolby Atmos, which is not true.

How can I solve this problem?

Edit: If I connect my Xbox directly to Soundbar HDMI IN, Dolby Atmos Home Theater will work but lose all of HDMI 2.1 benefit.

Last edited:
No issues with lg cx ps5 and series x

just need to set blu ray sound to dolby atmos as dts not supported on arc

No issues with lg cx ps5 and series x

just need to set blu ray sound to dolby atmos as dts not supported on arc
What's your setting? Do you connect Xbox directly to Soundbar HDMI IN?

If your using eARC, can you enable Dolby Atmos Home Theater in your Xbox audio setting?

Do you set your TV to Passthrough? or PCM, Auto?

What's your setting? Do you connect Xbox directly to Soundbar HDMI IN?

If your using eARC, can you enable Dolby Atmos Home Theater in your Xbox audio setting?

Do you set your TV to Passthrough? or PCM, Auto?
sorry not sure how I got here as thought I was replying on the sonos arc forum! (old age)

Not sure if relevant but on the sonos arc I have the HDMI from xbox to tv, then tv earc to sounder.

I enable Atmos on the xbox audio settings

TV set to passthrough.

Hope this helps anyways.

sorry not sure how I got here as thought I was replying on the sonos arc forum! (old age)

Not sure if relevant but on the sonos arc I have the HDMI from xbox to tv, then tv earc to sounder.

I enable Atmos on the xbox audio settings

TV set to passthrough.

Hope this helps anyways.
Well... This issue only occurs on Samsung's 2021(maybe 2020 Lineups too) Soundbars.

But it's great to know Sonos Soundbar has no issue like this, which gives me another choice...

Anyway, thanks for your sharing

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom