Samsung Q7/Q8/Q9 Owners' Thread

Yes i've seen this before when the picture settings were set to Game Mode.

I switched off Game Mode and the line didn't show up after that.

Mind you, this was from new and not after 18 months.
We're you able to resolve the blurriness issue? I'm having the exact same 65Q8 problem. It started recently possibly after the latest 1270 firmware update. Picture seemed fine prior to the update. Purchased new less than 1 year ago.

Evening chaps,

My 18 month old Samsung QE55Q7F has developed a picture fault today. Up until now it’s been great but today about a 5th of the screen at the bottom has become distorted / blurred. There is a definite straight line and everything below it looks like you’re watching in 3D without the glasses.

Has anyone else had something similar?

Samsung support confirm the fault but says it’s out of warranty and it’s a chargeable repair. As you can imagine I’m a bit hacked off as it’s supposed to be a higher end TV and only 6 months passed its warranty!

Sorry I’ve only gone back a few pages as browsing on my phone but I have a problem with my Samsung and want to compare notes if anyone else has had the same before I go back to them.

We're you able to resolve the blurriness issue? I'm having the exact same 65Q8 problem. It started recently possibly after the latest 1270 firmware update. Picture seemed fine prior to the update. Purchased new less than 1 year ago.

55Q7F query , anyone noticed a word line down both left and right edges of the screen , as if the screen isn't fitted correctly to the bezel , now I've noticed it , I can't unnotice it .....

55Q7F query , anyone noticed a word line down both left and right edges of the screen , as if the screen isn't fitted correctly to the bezel , now I've noticed it , I can't unnotice it .....

Seen this before on QLEDS, you are going to have to contact support for replacement if you want that fixed.

No it wasnt fixable as it required a replacement screen which it most cases makes it beyond economical repair.

If you are in warranty, call Samsung support. They were very helpful even though i qas out of warranty.

When something goes wrong and I look up how to fix it, if I find nothing, or only 1 or 2 others, then it's just bad luck for me. When I look it up and I find 50 others with the same issue, then it's not really about luck anymore.

Always gives me a good old chuckle when people say this.

If I look up Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy I’ll find a hell of a lot of information about it but in actual fact it only affects 1 in 200,000 people. You’re literally telling the internet what to show you.

Yes there will have been a number of people having similar issues as yourself but it’s a drop in the ocean in comparison to the number of sets out there.

That said I’m happy Samsung are offering an OTA repair for you, I’m sure you’ll be up and running in no time!

My Q7 used to show the resolution and HDR info when pressing the info button on Samsung tv remote while watching an HDR film or Netflix content (coming from Samsung 4K Blu-ray player via Denon 2200 since you ask), but now it just shows ‘HDMI UHD COLOR’ when pressing info. Is this an update or has something gone screwy in my setup? I’ve had a good play through settings but can’t seem to get it back. Could someone else try and post back pls

@Tricky01 Limited info with Netflix; none with Prime; with my 4K player it just brought up the source banner showing what the hdmi was set to.

@Tricky01 Limited info with Netflix; none with Prime; with my 4K player it just brought up the source banner showing what the hdmi was set to.
Thanks for taking the time. Magically it's started showing the resolution again, but I have no idea why. Seems to be the order in which I turn things on.

Attached three photos of what appears when pressing the info button, all while Denon set to Bluray, with Samsung Blu-ray player on home screen. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to why they’re different, but presumably the fact they show different things, surely means the signal being received is in some way different too on each?

Any ideas, or am I just being paranoid and pedantic :)

Attachments

• 5CADE18C-E4F3-4DD5-9FEC-9CD75460FDE3.jpeg
    5CADE18C-E4F3-4DD5-9FEC-9CD75460FDE3.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 85
  • C7451B35-6C7F-449B-A1D6-6DAAAD887A13.jpeg
    C7451B35-6C7F-449B-A1D6-6DAAAD887A13.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 5E737F95-0F5B-4ADA-AB95-62004A3F5CF3.jpeg
    5E737F95-0F5B-4ADA-AB95-62004A3F5CF3.jpeg
    285.2 KB · Views: 89
Not sure why those pics ended up upside down, but here are 4 screen grabs combined

Attachments

• 347E3E3E-57CB-43CC-8C27-2C52F50A4CFA.jpeg
    347E3E3E-57CB-43CC-8C27-2C52F50A4CFA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
General question for all - Do you use the HDR+ Mode in picture settings / expert settings? And when do you have it on or off? Eg with/without hdr content?

I had been wondering about this mode recently. I think in SDR it's just trying to create something that isn't there and fails. It's use with HDR10 content interests me though as Samsung in their initial blurb did infer that it was doing some additional processing to individual scenes in HDR (pre HDR10+ )

For reference, below is a section of their original press release on HDR+ that specifically mentions enhancements to HDR content around brightness & contrast.

"With HDR native contents, HDR+ also uncovers previously hidden images from darker content scenes, supplementing the level of brightness to express objects hidden in darker shadows. For brighter content scenes, HDR+ increases the level of contrast ratio to differentiate objects from the background, while still depicting more image details on the screen for an overall better picture."

Original press release

You can change settings to allign it with the regular HDR settings eliminating some of the superfluous additional processing. Specifically I was just curious if anyone had ever came across any sites where this mode was actually tested using HDR content to see what it was doing (if anything) i.e. is it adding additional frame by frame adjustments similar to LG's Active HDR mode.

Generally experts say for every day viewing (e.g skyQ) they have it off. Not sure if it's an accepted thing that it artificially upscale a image and provides no real.value?

Instead I put dynamic contrast on high and I find this gives the picture great vibrancy.

Hdr+ is a dumb system - as in it’s not dynamic and applies its algorithm flatly across the entirety of the content being watched. I tried it with SDR and found it to be atrocious. Never tried it with hdr, I don’t think these sets need it

Hdr+ is a dumb system - as in it’s not dynamic and applies its algorithm flatly across the entirety of the content being watched. I tried it with SDR and found it to be atrocious. Never tried it with hdr, I don’t think these sets need it

It offered nothing apart from confusion for customers, no wonder Samsung removed it entirely from their 2019 sets

Evening guys, I have a Samsung Q7F tv. Can anyone tell me if it outputs Dolby atmos and also how do you select game mode??

Thanks.

Evening guys, I have a Samsung Q7F tv. Can anyone tell me if it outputs Dolby atmos and also how do you select game mode??

Thanks.

It'll do Atmos via apps, for Atmos from 4K discs you’ll have to connect the player directly to the soundbar/receiver.

I can’t help re game mode but perhaps @chopples can, or @Foster1984

Thanks.
I can’t help re game mode but perhaps @chopples can, or @Foster1984

Easiest way to use game mode, is to enable CEC and let the TV detect that the thing you have connected is a games console.

Then whenever the TV switches to that input, it will switch to game mode.

If you don't want to use CEC and want to do it manually, it can be done via the "quick settings" section of the SmartHUB; I think it is the 3rd option along after picture and sound.

Gamemode can be found in the external device manager (same place as CEC) IIRC it's under settings then general

It'll do Atmos via apps, for Atmos from 4K discs you’ll have to connect the player directly to the soundbar/receiver.

No I dont get any atmos from the tvs app Netflix to my AV receiver? Unless there is a hidden setting??

Hi all, I got my 55Q70R today and absolutely love the picture, however I think there could be a potential problem with the main remote. On the main remote, I push down on the down cursor, but it acts like it is being held down and just whizzes through on options, channels etc, and won’t let me do anything else on the main remote, I then have to use the smart remote to go to the correct option. It will then allow me to use the main remote again.

I have no idea if this is a software issue (no firmware update available), or if it is a case of a stuck button on the main remote.

Can anyone here advise ?

Many thanks

Hi all, I got my 55Q70R today and absolutely love the picture, however I think there could be a potential problem with the main remote. On the main remote, I push down on the down cursor, but it acts like it is being held down and just whizzes through on options, channels etc, and won’t let me do anything else on the main remote, I then have to use the smart remote to go to the correct option. It will then allow me to use the main remote again.

I have no idea if this is a software issue (no firmware update available), or if it is a case of a stuck button on the main remote.

Can anyone here advise ?

Many thanks

Sounds like a stuck button to me. You can pick up a replacement quite cheaply on eBay or Samsung May send one to you. With voice control though, you should be able to just use the smart remote

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom