Samsung Q60 OWNERS' Thread

dubzee

Established Member
Reaction score
A forum dedicated to samsung Q60 Owners to share findings settings and general experiences

I have a 75" arriving Monday interested to hear anybody experiences with one and any settings for gaming as I'm going to be using it as a pc gaming monitor as well as a TV

Greetings,I bought this
Samsung Q60R QLED three weeks ago I bought the tv ,happy with it,but could anyone give me any tips with their best settings for Movie settings mode or any other HD source, Looks as if it needs tuning or the initial settings did not save when installed by installers and tuned.I did try the so called Intelligent mode,Did not make any difference.Want to get back to the stunning,clarity which I had. Even Sky HD looked good.Thank YOU

Like Prince82, I’m looking for some accurate calibration settings. Those on RTINGS.com seem to refer to the 55-inch model; the 43-inch isn’t the same.

I note that the TV interface is bright and sharp but the picture from the tuner and 4K streaming is muggy with zero punch (very much like the left-hand side of this Samsung’s advert).

Can anyone suggest anything ?
image01.jpg

Only got my Q60R 55" delivered Thursday and find 4k streaming brilliant compared to washed out dull colours I was getting previously.
But, I'm having a problem where my it won't let me use passthrough when Onkyo TX-NR636 is in standby mode. Have not touched the receiver as it always worked fine with older Samsung 6800 set

Just bought the 43” Q60R. I’m no tech purist, but I'm well happy with it. Hooked up to Sky Q 2TB box with Sky Q Experience.

Only really watched upscaled stuff so far, and it’s a huge improvement on my old 37” LG Full HD tv.

Just bought the 43” Q60R. I’m no tech purist, but I'm well happy with it. Hooked up to Sky Q 2TB box with Sky Q Experience.

Only really watched upscaled stuff so far, and it’s a huge improvement on my old 37” LG Full HD tv.

How's it going @Davefevs ? I'm looking to change my 15 month old Samsung 43MU6400 either to a Philips "The One" 73x4, or a Q60R. No official reviews for the Philips despite being out for a while now (announced in Jan). My other option looks to be a Q60R, I too have a Sky Q 2TB box with Sky Q Experience.

Not that offical reviews are the be all and end all. I bought the 43MU6400 on the back of good reviews but mine is not great. Torchlight issues and now screen uniformity problems. I'm on to JL now to see what they might do under the 5 year guarantee!

Really pleased with it. As above i’m not a purist, so for budget I had I think it’s a great set. Nice bright, crisp pictures. Watched quite a lot of the cricket in uhd over the weekend and it was great

Really pleased to see some positive comments, am seriously considering the 55" Q60R as a replacement for my old 51" Samsung plasma. I'm sure I'll notice a world of difference!

I've now placed my order for the 55" Q60R, it arrives tomorrow (Wednesday!).

Really keen to hear any set up advice (I'll be unboxing it) - seen above that RTINGS has some set up / calibration advice, so will dig that out...

Really pleased with the 55", can immediately see the difference in picture quality compared to my old plasma.

I just downloaded a UHD movie from Sky to test out the picture - on the whole it's great, but there's quite a lot of blockiness/pixelation in fast moving scenes, for example when someone turns their head.

Is there a setting I can change to reduce this?

I just downloaded a UHD movie from Sky to test out the picture - on the whole it's great, but there's quite a lot of blockiness/pixelation in fast moving scenes, for example when someone turns their head.

Is there a setting I can change to reduce this?

Auto motion plus - set to custom, and set both sliders to zero. Adjust from there to your preference.

Also, be aware that sky don’t do hdr yet so 4K hdr content will be even better, especially disc based content.

Guys my Q60r 75” was horrific when I watched the Liverpool game, juddering during fast play when the ball was kicked etc
Would the lack of sky hdr affect this also tried the slider on auto motion plus on zero and ten no difference still poor.... any ideas

Really pleased to see some positive comments, am seriously considering the 55" Q60R as a replacement for my old 51" Samsung plasma. I'm sure I'll notice a world of difference!

Exactly what I had & did !

Sure you've noticed by now as you have one but a huge improvement on PQ.

SkyQ UHD movies look fantastic :)

Spot on, the clarity and smoothness is great... I use recommended settings and initially thought blacks looked a little washed out, but I think it allows for a more detailed picture.

Even watching shows like Bake Off are a whole new ball game!

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so apologies in advance if I'm following improper etiquette or not abiding by the forum rules (didn't bother reading forum rules yet).

Just purchased my Samsung QLED 55" TV (Q60R) and am overall quite satisfied with it. The picture on this thing is freaking phenomenal. I was using a 1080p plasma TV before I upgraded to this, and BOY is this an upgrade! Gaming on this thing is the bees knees, input lag is very low, and just using stock Game Mode settings on my Xbox One S looks incredible. Breathtakingly beautiful picture. No adjustments to TV settings need to be made to be satisfied with how everything looks.

However, I am quite frustrated with how HORRIBLE videos look when running on my PC. I’ve tried changing so many settings, I read the rtings.com article on how to get the best graphical settings out of this TV, and to no avail. Videos look like crap no matter what I do with the settings, it seems like. Pictures and EVERYTHING else look great on PC, but video looks like straight garbage.

Videos on Samsung TV app, Xbox One S, and PS4 all look fine – It’s just the videos running on the PC that look like trash. The frame rate seems to be much higher on TV app, XB1, and PS4 as well.

Not hating on this TV in the slightest, I absolutely am in love with this thing. I am, however, feeling as though something is still missing from it. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what settings on my computer or TV (I’m thinking adjustments need made to the TV, not my computer) in order to get things looking right?

Side Note: Also, another smaller problem I’m having is with my Game Motion Plus and Auto Motion Plus settings while using the Xbox One S. Both of these settings are greyed out when I have Game Mode turned on. I can’t make adjustments to these settings. Any idea of how I can access these settings while Game Mode is turned on?

Mine is. I would think you would be very very unlikely to get an ips panel 43" in the UK. Every one I've seen, judging by viewing angles has been VA.
ah thanks for the heads up. I think the ones that are ips are in the minority.

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so apologies in advance if I'm following improper etiquette or not abiding by the forum rules (didn't bother reading forum rules yet).

Just purchased my Samsung QLED 55" TV (Q60R) and am overall quite satisfied with it. The picture on this thing is freaking phenomenal. I was using a 1080p plasma TV before I upgraded to this, and BOY is this an upgrade! Gaming on this thing is the bees knees, input lag is very low, and just using stock Game Mode settings on my Xbox One S looks incredible. Breathtakingly beautiful picture. No adjustments to TV settings need to be made to be satisfied with how everything looks.

However, I am quite frustrated with how HORRIBLE videos look when running on my PC. I’ve tried changing so many settings, I read the rtings.com article on how to get the best graphical settings out of this TV, and to no avail. Videos look like crap no matter what I do with the settings, it seems like. Pictures and EVERYTHING else look great on PC, but video looks like straight garbage.

Videos on Samsung TV app, Xbox One S, and PS4 all look fine – It’s just the videos running on the PC that look like trash. The frame rate seems to be much higher on TV app, XB1, and PS4 as well.

Not hating on this TV in the slightest, I absolutely am in love with this thing. I am, however, feeling as though something is still missing from it. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what settings on my computer or TV (I’m thinking adjustments need made to the TV, not my computer) in order to get things looking right?

Side Note: Also, another smaller problem I’m having is with my Game Motion Plus and Auto Motion Plus settings while using the Xbox One S. Both of these settings are greyed out when I have Game Mode turned on. I can’t make adjustments to these settings. Any idea of how I can access these settings while Game Mode is turned on?

With the side note, the reason the motion options are greyed out in game mode is because they will add considerably to the lag time so are not allowed as options in game mode which keeps the lag to a minimum.

If you wanted those settings available, you could use the console with game mode switched off.

Evening all. I’m setting up this TV for my Sister and I’m looking for some help.
Is there any way to switch between Terrestrial and Satellite stations? There is no option on LiveTV or source to switch between these two.

i'm interested in the 43" but apparently it lacks free sync. Is that really important for gaming on this tv?. How is the motion on the 43"?. And I read on rtings that this tv flickers

Honestly this TV is great but finding it very difficult to calibrate for. First of all using test patterns on Spears and munsil on the brightness pattern it's not showing and below black bars, making its difficult to set brightness. I'm also confused which hdmi black level is correct. A lot of people are saying normal because it adjusts its video levels accordingly (16-235 I always use) however normal is very washed out, but low is just right. So is auto so, confused there. Also what about colour space, auto or native? Apparently auto is correct. Any help guys?

A forum dedicated to samsung Q60 Owners to share findings settings and general experiences
I need to know how the patchyness of the picture quality is on this tv as im thinking of getting one but i dont want a tv that is very patchy and un even i want a uniform display

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom