Samsung PSXXF8500 Owners and general chat thread

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I might pull the trigger on this beast today. should I?

Do it, I did! I read Kevin Millers review, which convinced me :)

Getting my 64 from an local retailer here in Ireland, for 2950 euro. Works out at £2540 in total. It'll be here in ten days as it needs to be ordered in.

A much better price than I expected here, as things like this are usually much more expensive here.

This certainly should be at sub £2500 in the UK, as the purchasing power of suppliers is much greater.

I would if I was you. I wouldn't bother with yet another F8000.

I look forward to hearing your opinion if you do get the F8500 as you seem as fussy as me.

I was edging towards a Samsung led again but your pictures have reminded me of the issues with led sets and it's put me right off.

I'm now leaning towards a samsung plasma as they seem to have issues I can tolerate more than the panasonics.

I would if I was you. I wouldn't bother with yet another F8000.

I look forward to hearing your opinion if you do get the F8500 as you seem as fussy as me.

I was edging towards a Samsung led again but your pictures have reminded me of the issues with led sets and it's put me right off.

I'm now leaning towards a samsung plasma as they seem to have issues I can tolerate more than the panasonics.

Thanks, I'm not at all sure about this but I've run out of options, anyway if it doesn't work out JL will give me arefund

Ha Ha ... was gonna reserve you a seat in this thread mate - but you are already here :smashin:

Thanks, I'm not at all sure about this but I've run out of options, anyway if it doesn't work out JL will give me arefund

Never a good thing if you have reservations before buying as you'll likely not be happy.

From what I see you prefer the image an led gives you but just want one with no banding.

I'm sure you can get one, but it's a panel lottery, which we've all done but it gets bloody annoying. The excitement of opening the box, and then the disappointment of seeing issues.

It's even worse when you think "Great no issues" but a few hours later and you spot them on certain content :rolleyes:

You get to a stage where you think you might as well not have a tv :laugh:

I'm going to place an order for the F8500. Hoping it's at least on par with the VT50 just with less DFC and I'll be satisfied.

karmaz said:
Do it, I did! I read Kevin Millers review, which convinced me :)

Getting my 64 from an local retailer here in Ireland, for 2950 euro. Works out at £2540 in total. It'll be here in ten days as it needs to be ordered in.

A much better price than I expected here, as things like this are usually much more expensive here.

This certainly should be at sub £2500 in the UK, as the purchasing power of suppliers is much greater.

2999 only in the UK at the moment all the cheaper online retailers are suspiciously out of stock....

Mine arrived for JL today.

i have noticed is the TV flickers (Just need to get used to it)

When sitting the TV looks great but as soon as i stand up the picture goes very dark, so i might need to wall mount it.

overall i am pleased i have gone for the f8500 over my last f8000 as there is no banding :)clap:)

More to follow.......

When sitting the TV looks great but as soon as i stand up the picture goes very dark, so i might need to wall mount it.

overall i am pleased i have gone for the f8500 over my last f8000 as there is no banding :)clap:)

More to follow.......

Have you had a plasma before? Just wondering if the F8500 flickers more than usual or you're just sensitive to plasma flicker.

The viewing angle when looking at the screen from above will be down to the filter manufacturers use on high end plasmas.

Aside from those two things which seem "normal" it sounds good, especially the no banding part. :smashin:

I foresee yet another return, I think your going to have to accept that the perfect tv does not exist :laugh:, I've been through a lot of tv's with faults as you know and my current set has a problem. I'm just sick of getting faults now I cannot be bothered anymore. My set is great in most areas and with 3D which is important to me so as long as it doesn't get any worse I will stick with it. Its been the same every year now for how long ??, 'New set comes out- rave review-owners sets have issues- wait for next year :facepalm:.

Oh but good luck tho mate :smashin::)

More to follow.......

So do you plan on standing to watch tv ? :laugh:.

i heard this set is really sharp more than panasonic sets including vt65, true?

Have you had a plasma before? Just wondering if the F8500 flickers more than usual or you're just sensitive to plasma flicker.

The viewing angle when looking at the screen from above will be down to the filter manufacturers use on high end plasmas.

Aside from those two things which seem "normal" it sounds good, especially the no banding part. :smashin:

Not had a plasma before, but the flicking reminded me of using 3d glasses in a light room.

More to follow.......

The TV will look the same from below as above, so bear in mind if it looks good when you're standing it won't when you're sitting.

Something to do with the filter Samsung are using on it. A few people have said this on the US forums.
Looks good straight on or from left and right but not from below or above apparently.

choirboy said:
The TV will look the same from below as above, so bear in mind if it looks good when you're standing it won't when you're sitting.

Something to do with the filter Samsung are using on it. A few people have said this on the US forums.
Looks good straight on or from left and right but not from below or above apparently.

Yep your right, just looked from the floor and its dark as well.

2999 only in the UK at the moment all the cheaper online retailers are suspiciously out of stock....

I don't think it's suspicious, it's just that the larger retailers get their stock first, and they're taking advantage of lack of price competition.

I foresee yet another return, I think your going to have to accept that the perfect tv does not exist :laugh:, I've been through a lot of tv's with faults as you know and my current set has a problem. I'm just sick of getting faults now I cannot be bothered anymore. My set is great in most areas and with 3D which is important to me so as long as it doesn't get any worse I will stick with it. Its been the same every year now for how long ??, 'New set comes out- rave review-owners sets have issues- wait for next year :facepalm:.

Oh but good luck tho mate :smashin::)

I accepted years ago that the perfect TV doesn't exist in fact you're quoting me without authorisation ;), I'm getting seriously hacked off with all this returning TVs but you've seen the photos, I'm not living with that c r a p screen on the F8000. It's an effin joke. Shame because I really wanted that one. I now really want this F8500 to be a keeper. Hell there's nothing left to upgrade to after that unless you want to pay what you'd spend on a car. :laugh:;)

Hi guys, if anyone has any experience of how the F8500 compares in a bright room with the VT65 I'd love to know how they compare in performance.

The wretched room...

Sorry I know I've posted this in the panny thread too - just trying to get a spread of opinion.

a4063803b0dc190871173bf435bc60d33c1ba1b035eddfb67b0ba1217a2db870.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom