Samsung PS60E8000 vs Panasonic TH-P65ST50 - which is best?

zez

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide between the following TVs...since I have an insurance claim on my old Samsung PS58C7000, I can get one of the following to replace:

Samsung PS60E8000 vs Panasonic TH-P65ST50 - which is best?

I can get the Panasonic for approx $200 more....so am I crazy not to pay $200 cash on top to get a 5 inch bigger TV? Or is the Samsung such better quality?

Please help!!

Thanks so much!!

Welcome to the forums.
What country are you in? As a UK site we compare UK and EU sets that may have some differences to your regions sets.

These are both very good sets with pros and cons to both, the best thing you can do is go demo them at a decent store.

I also moved the thread as its plasma specific and you'll get more responses here.;)

OK thanks for your prompt reply. ANd thanks for moving my post....sorry about that!

Any cons to the 65ST?

So even if they were both the same size...sounds like the ST is better quality, based on reviews I have read? My only reservation was that the 8000 Samsung is their top range product, whereas the Panasonic ST is not their top range...so I was worried I was getting an inferior TV just because I wanted a bigger set for only a little extra.

The Panasonic has better blacks for sure (the Samsung at that size has better blacks that the smaller series but is still behind the Panny) but this year the Samsung sets are supposed to be better wrt ir.
Unless Panasonic sort out the dseb issues then I would hesitate to recommend them
If you do get one make sure you get one from a decent retailer
Check out the reviews on hdtv test and here to compare (don't forget the smaller size Samsung's have worse blacks)

zez said:
OK thanks for your prompt reply. ANd thanks for moving my post....sorry about that!

Any cons to the 65ST?

So even if they were both the same size...sounds like the ST is better quality, based on reviews I have read? My only reservation was that the 8000 Samsung is their top range product, whereas the Panasonic ST is not their top range...so I was worried I was getting an inferior TV just because I wanted a bigger set for only a little extra.

In the st thread ive written a mini review on the 65st50.
Would link to it but on my phone and have no idea how to link with my phone lol :)

I'd get Sammy for IR only, they seem to have eliminated it completely. I hope that next year they'll eliminate the buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom