Samsung PS60E6500E Owner's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a good look at one of these today, doesn't seem any different to the PS59D6900 to be honest, it seemed ok though.

As this is an owners thread, why are there no calibration settings by anyone?

Come on guys, give us some calibraton settings.

:)

Amended settings as follows:

picture mode warm
cell 11
contrast 80
brightness 54
sharpness 0
colour 50

Looks fantastic.

just in case anyones interested?

Amended settings as follows:

picture mode warm
cell 11
contrast 80
brightness 54
sharpness 0
colour 50

Looks fantastic.

just in case anyones interested?

Glad your enjoying your Set, Out of interest after your TV has been on for several hrs how hot is the backplate area around the vent grills to the Touch ?.

As this is an owners thread, why are there no calibration settings by anyone?

Come on guys, give us some calibraton settings.

:)

Hi

There are a few settings in the thread....................I think a lot of people are still running the sets in.

DAVE

Glad your enjoying your Set, Out of interest after your TV has been on for several hrs how hot is the backplate area around the vent grills to the Touch ?.

Cooked breakfast on it this morning:laugh:

Very warm as all plasma are.

R.

Hi

There are a few settings in the thread....................I think a lot of people are still running the sets in.

DAVE

Sorry had no idea it was such a new model.

My settings at the moment (posted above) are fantastic and I got those from the picture perfect thread on this forum.

Very cinematic, just need to test under 3D.

Love this thing, nice.

--Picture menu
Mode: Movie
Cell Light: 20
Contrast: 99
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 0
Color: 50
Tint: G50/R50
Dynamic contrast: Off
Black tone: Off
Flesh tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Color space: standart
White Balance: standard
10p White Balance: Off
Gamma: +1
Expert Pattern: Off
xvYCC: On

Color tone: Warm2
Digital Noise Filter: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI black level: Low
Film mode: Cinema Smooth on/off

Changing of any settings doesnt help.

Guys,

Dropping the cell light to 11 makes a big difference.

Give it a try.

R.
bboy

Hi

Well the PS60e6500 arrived yesterday.

So far I am very impressed. The picture quality is excellent,on all formats that i have tried.Still playing with settings,using the Cnet settings as a starting point. I can see no faults with the picture at all. Yes SD can look a little fuzzy,but then it is been shown on a 60" screen.

The blacks look very black to me,but then that is what the 2 reviews stated.

I had looked at the Panasonic ST and VT and Sony HX but was looking at trying to get a 60" screen and the Samsung seemed the best option so took a bit of a chance as could not preview before buying and relied on the 2 US reviews and comments of forum users.

There are 4 picture presets,I expected 3 after reading the reviews?

Dynamic.
Standard.
Relax.
Movie.

The BBC iPlayer app is very good,I think that at the moment I prefer the iPlayer layout from my Sony BD player but this may change with time. I had to update to the latest firmware to get the iPlayer operational. Simple upgrade procedure via USB.

The USB hard drive player has so far played every format I have tried. I have connected an optical cable from the TV to my AVR with no issues noted.

I did not see this mentioned on any literature but it does have a Freesat tuner installed (well mine does),just connected a loop through from my Humax then selected Freesat from the TV menu and scanned in the normal Freesat channels.

The set is so far completely Buzz free.

Happy.

Hi

Well the PS60e6500 arrived yesterday.

So far I am very impressed. The picture quality is excellent,on all formats that i have tried.Still playing with settings,using the Cnet settings as a starting point. I can see no faults with the picture at all. Yes SD can look a little fuzzy,but then it is been shown on a 60" screen.

The blacks look very black to me,but then that is what the 2 reviews stated.

I had looked at the Panasonic ST and VT and Sony HX but was looking at trying to get a 60" screen and the Samsung seemed the best option so took a bit of a chance as could not preview before buying and relied on the 2 US reviews and comments of forum users.

There are 4 picture presets,I expected 3 after reading the reviews?

Dynamic.
Standard.
Relax.
Movie.

The BBC iPlayer app is very good,I think that at the moment I prefer the iPlayer layout from my Sony BD player but this may change with time. I had to update to the latest firmware to get the iPlayer operational. Simple upgrade procedure via USB.

The USB hard drive player has so far played every format I have tried. I have connected an optical cable from the TV to my AVR with no issues noted.

I did not see this mentioned on any literature but it does have a Freesat tuner installed (well mine does),just connected a loop through from my Humax then selected Freesat from the TV menu and scanned in the normal Freesat channels.

The set is so far completely Buzz free.

Happy.
Hi

Glad you like the set..............

I mentioned on the first page of this thread my surprise at the satellite input on the rear of the tv - not too sure its officially freesat - even though it picks up the channels I think they can't advertise it as that due to the epg - at least thats what I think - but not 100 percent.

With regards to the upgrade for the iplayer and indeed the itv player I did not need to upgrade by usb - I was prompted by the tv when I went into Smart Hub that an upgrade was needed and it did it itself..............

As to the fuzzy sd picture - try turning sharpness down to somewhere between o and 10 and switch all processing/noise filters off - see if it makes a difference ?

Dave

Dave

Has anyone noticed posterization (false colour contouring) on this set, namely from Sky HD? I'd like to hear people's views. it seems that some sets expose it more than others. Thanks

Has anyone noticed posterization (false colour contouring) on this set, namely from Sky HD? I'd like to hear people's views. it seems that some sets expose it more than others. Thanks

Can you explain a bit more please?

Dave

Yep all plasmas have it, it's very dependent on bitrate. The last two Panasonics I had were really bad.

Agreed both the UT30's and the ST30 I had were quite bad, the D8000 on the other hand seems to be fine

Yep all plasmas have it, it's very dependent on bitrate. The last two Panasonics I had were really bad.

Why don't people make a big issue of this? people whinge on when their blacks are slightly less than jet black but hardly a peep about this, I feel this is a massive issue on PQ and nobody else seems arsed :laugh::mad:

Why didn't I see this on my PS59D6900, PS50C7000, and several PS50C680's I owned then? :confused: Ah yes that would be before Sky started the squeeze ;)

What I'm trying to find out is if it's worth me jacking in this otherwise superb TV or am I peeing in the wind? I'm going to have a meltdown.

The Panasonics are much worse than the Samsungs for this. Faces go all striped and multi-coloured when they move. Very bad once you've noticed it. Samsungs are much better.

What I'm trying to find out is if it's worth me jacking in this otherwise superb TV or am I peeing in the wind? I'm going to have a meltdown.

From your sig I thought you had the ES8000, what made you change?

The Panasonics are much worse than the Samsungs for this. Faces go all striped and multi-coloured when they move. Very bad once you've noticed it. Samsungs are much better.

Thanks, that's the VT50, DT50 and WT50 struck off the "next to try" list then :laugh:

From your sig I thought you had the ES8000, what made you change?

I still have the ES8000 (unless that was joke :D)

I just want something that doesn't show this issue up, guess I'll be struggling judging by the replies

arenaman said:
Thanks, that's the VT50, DT50 and WT50 struck off the "next to try" list then :laugh:

They're LCDs (apart from VT50) not affected like Plasmas.

I still have the ES8000 (unless that was joke :D)

I just want something that doesn't show this issue up, guess I'll be struggling judging by the replies

If this is still that same issue with your skybox i think were talking about slightly differnt Posterisation / False Contouring here.

I have only ever seen FC on the Panasonic Plasmas, Never on Any LCD have i seen it.

What did sky say on your last visit ?, Maybe PM as i don't want to be OT :laugh:

If this is still that same issue with your skybox i think were talking about slightly differnt Posterisation / False Contouring here.

I have only ever seen FC on the Panasonic Plasmas, Never on Any LCD have i seen it.

What did sky say on your last visit ?, Maybe PM as i don't want to be OT :laugh:

Same issue mate, just read the other thread I posted a link to, the full lot's in there.

I've only ever seen this on LCDs, never on any of my Sammy Plasmas :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom