• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SAMSUNG PS51F5500 1080p

Pear5e67

Standard Member
Need some help, am I missing something with this TV? Its billed as Full HD 1080p but when I set my ps3 to 1080p output it kills it and a message is soon displayed saying unsupported format.

Is there a setting I need to flick or is there a difference in the way plasmas de-interlace the picture or something? I dont get it

joff81

Established Member
The tv is a full 1080p tv and does display 1080p with the PS3 as mine works flawlessly. If you are having problems getting an image with your PS3 then the first port of call is to update both the PS3 (if needed) and the tv to the latest firmware.
From there if you are still having issues then replace the HDMI cable and make sure it's a HDMI 1.3b compliant cable. I've noticed that my F5500 is a little picky with HDMI cables and that is usually the problem.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom