• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung PS51D550 51" Plasma - Issue? Any Help?

Wabby

Standard Member
Hi Guys,

I have a PS51D550 and it will not power on. I have performed some test but I am unsure as to the exact results of those tests.

Issue: When powered on, the front LED will flash 6 times, and then go off. Nothing comes on the screen.

Tests:
I have tested the following:

1) I have tested for Vs and Va and have neither when everything is connected up. If I disconnect the power to the X-SUS board (which is powered from the Y-SUS, not from the PSU directly) then I get the Vs and the Va, however they start dropping almost right away, the Vs right down to 8v, and then Va right down to 1v.

I have the correct power at VS_ON etc all the time.

If I disconnect the cable that goes from the Y-SUS to the MAIN LOGIC board, along with the power to the X-SUS, then I get solid Vs and Vs readings.

Under fully connected circumstances the LED on the MAIN LOGIC is flashing in the sequence of lit for 5 seconds, then 2 seconds off, then 5 back on etc.

I think that this means that the X-SUS is definitely faulty, but I am unsure as to whether the Y-SUS and/or Y-BUFFER are also possibly culprits?

I have experience in fixing LCD TV's, but not PLASMA so any help is appreciated.

Obviously don't want to be buying all the boards if they are not needed.

Cheers

gareth1982

Novice Member
hi there matey i have exactly the same problem ive replaced the main power unit and still nothing mine is still clicking and the led at the front is flasing twice 5 times.
which is the x and y boards if you lie the tv down and take the back of the power is in the middle and which one is the y and x boards the left and right boards im unsure and i didnt want to replace them all either but this is too much of a good tv to throw away and money is tight at the moment regards gareth hope you can give me a bit of advice

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom