Samsung PS50Q97HDX - Red and Green Lines problem

M

MazzJazz

Hello everyone. Have enjoyed reading everyones threads and there are some very knowledgeable people on here.

I was wondering whether someone could help me decide on what I need to do about a problem my TV has just recently developed.

I bought th tv in June 2007 and think it was a great tv for the money and handles SD better than most I have seen.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that there were faint green and red lines running horizontally covering the entire screen area. I am getting the same results when viewing with my Sky + box and DVD player.

These lines are about a centimeter thick and alternate green, red, green, red from bottom to top of the screen. They rythmically seem to pulse up (or down depending on how my eyes perceive it) the screen, even when I pause the picture, so that tells me it is not a problem with the input devices.

My wife says she can't see it, but being a tele addict and more observant than her, I can. It doesn't bother her, but it does me and I feel that the problem could get worse. It is still in warranty.

Anyone got any suggestions or advice on if I can fix it myself, or how I should tackle this?

Would appreciate your help.

Cheers

Mazz

M

MazzJazz

BTW. I have unplugged everything, changed cables etc... and still get the problem. Anyone seen this problem before?

Mazz

eiren

Distinguished Member
It sounds like some kind of electrical interference. Might be worth trialing a mains conditioner from a local AV shop to see if it eliminates the problem. You can always take it back if it doesn't help at all.

M

MazzJazz

Many thanks for your response eiren.

All the AV stuff including the TV are plugged into a decent Belkin surge protection extention strip. Would that not cancel out the electrical intereference, or do you think I need something better?

Cheers

Mazz

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom