• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung PS50Q92HD or Sky HD problem?

MunichMag

Established Member
I've the Samsung PS50Q92HD (Eurpean version of the PS50Q96 or 97) since August 2007, and had no problems, and had Sky HD since Christmas. Again, I'd noticed nothing odd until I watched the first 2 hours of the new series of 24 on Sky HD last week, when I noticed this problem with the picture. I think the problem is called solarization, is that right?

It only seemed to occur with the titles sequence where they show the characters in a section of the screen with their name against a black background (as in the picture), or during the programme where they have a 4 boxes against a black background showing what different characters are doing a the same time. In the later case, they bring up the boxes one by one (if you now the show, you'll know what I mean), and I see the problem with the first two, but as soon as the third comes up the whole image is ok.

I also noticed the same image problem when I watched 300 from Sky HD on Saturday evening, and then the same with 24 again this week, although not with anything else.

So I'm wondering if this is a problem the TV has developed, or a problem with my settings (although I've not changed them recently, and never had this before), or whether it might be a problem with Sky.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice here would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC01954b.JPG
    DSC01954b.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 45

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom