Samsung PS50Q7HD Vs. LG50PC1D

praju

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, come down to these 2 for my 50" plasma. Very similar spec and price, any views/owners out there that can say which is ultimatley the better plasma tv?
Paul.

i have the same predicament and posted the same thread but very little input

not a lot of info on the lg around

there is also the lg50pc1da

so far i found out the 'a' means silver side speakers and better brightness spec

i had the same choice a while back, i've just ordered the Samsung PS50Q7HDX as it looked alot better when i was having a demo, as suggest above i didn;t find to much info about the LG but there are loads of people that have the samsung and are happy with it so that helped too.

i won't have mine delivered for another few weeks so can give you any more info, i would suggest tho, find somewhere that has both sets and demo them both, its easy to make your mind up then. :smashin:

good luck with whatever you decide ! :thumbsup:

duvet

Hi, well the LG does have a slight edge with the 2 HDMI ports, but that's about it.

Read a magazine review, and the samsung was rated v. highly, the best in the group test. I may well go for the Samsung to save costs, (£1729 is not bad) as there will always be better tv's to come/upgrade to, with all the HD/Blue Ray discs coming.

praju said:
Hi, well the LG does have a slight edge with the 2 HDMI ports, but that's about it.

Read a magazine review, and the samsung was rated v. highly, the best in the group test. I may well go for the Samsung to save costs, (£1729 is not bad) as there will always be better tv's to come/upgrade to, with all the HD/Blue Ray discs coming.

the lg was not in that test though it was the previous model

some people have been sayin the lg is better

I personally went with the Samsung as I was happy with the picture from all sources and for me the styling is miles ahead. If the LG is slightly better picture quality then I can sacrifice this for something more pleasant on the eye when turned off.

Hi i Got the LG, and i have to say so far its been stunning.
And with the 2HDMI sockets, leave my sky HD and Xbox360 in all the time.
Plus has the piano black surround, with matching black stand, just look awesome.

Excellent look and a fantastic picture.
Buy the LG, got mine before xmas had a v-good deal, but they are doing same deal in currys £1,599 bargain for 50"
Only one draw back cant find a code to work my sky remote, if anyone can help would be much appreciated.

Only one draw back cant find a code to work my sky remote, if anyone can help would be much appreciated.

For Sky HD Remote try 0206.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom