Samsung PS50Q7HD or LG 50PC1D??

neo866

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've been reading the threads on this site for hours and I've narrowed my choice of 50in plasma's to:

Samsung PS50Q7HD
or
LG 50PC1D

I need to get this right because its taken me forever to save the money and i would hate to have regrets.

Attachments

• Photo-0049.jpg
    Photo-0049.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,011
I'm edging towards the Samsung but every time i think i've made my mind up i read something negative.
I suppose you get what you pay for...Nice set-up by the way.

The Samsung seems like a nicer set.

Saw the PHILIPS 50PF7521D/10 in Comet for £999 which looked a good deal too - sorry to make your life more difficult:)

Please whatever u do dont consider the phillips mentioned its not in the same league as the samsung.

In Very the same position myself....

I like the LG because of the additional HDMI connections but i like the style of the Samsung..

Let me know how you decide :lease:

I'm in the same position as you, looking for a 50" plasma. I'm going to go for the samsung myself, can I just point out (you may already know) the ps50q7hd is the outgoing model, being replaced by the ps50q97hd. Has better connectivity, ie 3 hdmi's against 1, and from the prices I've seen so far it's only about £100 more.

:thumbsup:

good choice mate hope u enjoy it as much as ive enjoyed mine so far.

chinaman99 can i ask you a quick question about your Samsung...

I've got the 42" version and I have a query about the "source" selection

I had my dvd connected via EXT1 scart socket, but now i have decided to connect it via component instead, but now every time i want to view the DVD i have to press the "source" button three times to get to the component input (as it doenst auto-switch like scart does)

I'm not using the EXT1 or EXT2 scart sockets so I'd really like to disable those options so I can just press "source" once to get straight to the component input. I doubt this is possible but thought a fellow Samsung owner might know :)

Is there something in the service menu maybe?

Samsung looks like the best picture but the LG has the better connections...Hmmm.
Whatever i buy the Panasonic will (probably) drop in price and I'll be kicking myself but then again i could be waiting forever.

Samsung looks like the best picture but the LG has the better connections...Hmmm.
Whatever i buy the Panasonic will (probably) drop in price and I'll be kicking myself but then again i could be waiting forever.

See my post above, the new samsung has better connectivity than the outgoing model.

Decided on the Samsung from Beyond Television, will be with me on tuesday.
I'll post how it all went after i've got it set up.

I've been reading the threads on this site for hours and I've narrowed my choice of 50in plasma's to:

Samsung PS50Q7HD
or
LG 50PC1D

I need to get this right because its taken me forever to save the money and i would hate to have regrets.

Why not have a look at the new samsung 50" set PS50Q97HD. It's got a better PQ than both sets, and has 3 HDMI's .... :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom