Samsung PS50C7000 settings

andypo

Established Member
Reaction score
Posted in owners thread but no reply. Lets get these Tvs running to the optimum, just post the best settings you have cheers Andy.

Posted in owners thread but no reply. Lets get these Tvs running to the optimum, just post the best settings you have cheers Andy.

I wonder if the 6900 settings are the same ?
If so, I shall post mine. I seem to have it all pretty good although the whites can appear overblown. I wondered if this is a feature of new plasma panels. Mod Comment: removed, promoting rival forum

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the 6900 settings are the same ?
If so, I shall post mine. I seem to have it all pretty good although the whites can appear overblown. I wondered if this is a feature of new plasma panels.

I wouldn't mind having a look at your settings, I've only had mine a couple of days and not had much time to tinker about :)

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
left mine as it was delivered at the mo, think I need a good half day playing around!

Is anyone taking the recommendation of breaking-in their set before playing with settings? My first plasma and as usual there's a lot of contradicting info/opinions out there.

Have turned contracts down as it was way too much for my eyes!

Is anyone taking the recommendation of breaking-in their set before playing with settings? My first plasma and as usual there's a lot of contradicting info/opinions out there.

Have turned contracts down as it was way too much for my eyes!

I am, sort of, been reading in the ISF calibration section and those professional guys say they wouldn't calibrate a new set until there is at least 100 -200 hours on the clock.

They also say that if a new set is going to have a catastrophic failure it's most likely to happen within the first 200 hours.

So it's my intention to get to the 200 hour mark as quickly as reasonably possible, so what I'm doing is while I'm at home and not watching TV I'm running the colour break in slides, so at about 10-15 hours in total a day I reckon it'll take about 2-3 weeks.

I meant AVSforums of course. OK tomorrow I'll stick my head over the top and post what I am using at present.
Mod Comment: can you stop promoting AVS forums and any guides/settings you have posted over there, if you have any settings to share that by all means post them here

OK then - for me it's:
Movie Mode
Cell Light 14
contrast 91
Brightness 78
sharpness 20
Colour 40
Tint 50/50
Black Tone Off
Dynamoc contrast Off
Gamma 0
Colour Space auto

all the rest were left as is.

It worked for me but I imagine there will be degrees of aberration between sets and this will depend upon how "broken in" they are and the variabilities of environment. As I have said, the early hours were difficult because the whites were overblown and some colours were unavoidably day-glo-esque.

I am interested on others' comments - perhaps comparitively ?

Last edited:
These are my settings for my 63 inch. We get a lot of sunlight during the day and I found that upping the cell light made the most differences. Not sure what its supposed to achieve but it did make it a lot more watchable daytime.

Movie Mode
Cell Light 17
Contrast 82
Brightness 75
Sharpness 20
Colour 55
Tint 50/50
Black Tone Off
Dynamic Contrast Off
Gamma 0
Colour Space AUTO

Had the set since Thursday before last and probably accumulated around 80 hours of use so far.

thanks
i will be getting this tv i think and settings are always usefull

Picture Settings:
Mode: Movie
Cell Light: 17
Contrast: 80
Brightness: 52
Sharpness: 10
Colour: 50
Tint: 50/50

Advanced Settings:
Black Tone: Off
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Gamma: +2
Expert pattern: off
RGB Only mode: off

Colour Space: Custom
- R 50 0 0
- G 28 50 0
- B 9 0 50
- Y 45 50 0
- C 35 54 50
- M 50 0 64

White Balance:
- RO -25
- GO -23
- BO -24
- RG -18
- GG -24
- BG -25

10p White Balance: ( Interval: R G B )
- 1: -2 0 -3
- 2: 0 -1 -1
- 3: 0 0 0
- 4: 0 -1 0
- 5: 0 0 0
- 6: 0 0 0
- 7: 0 0 0
- 8: 0 -2 0
- 9: -2 -2 0
-10: 0 0 0

Flesh Tone: 0
Edge Enhancement: 0

Picture Options:
Colour Tone: Warm2
Size: Screen Fit
Digital Noise Filter: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI Black Level: Low
Motion Judder Canceller: Off

Those are viol8r's settings posted elsewhwere on the forum that alot of us are using.

Credit goes to him I think :rolleyes:

Those are viol8r's settings posted elsewhwere on the forum that alot of us are using.

Credit goes to him I think :rolleyes:

Got them from a dutch site ;) and those posted by me are slightly different from the 63 inch.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Anyone got a good set of game mode settings for PS3 and 360?
I was browsing the 360 dash yesterday and noticed that it was sparkling slightly.

Any ideas how I could reduce this? Sharpness was set at 25 incidently.

Could someone with the PS50C7000 please advise the settings of their TV in the service system setup menu of their working TV

I need to know the Type, Local Setting, Tuner details, and Front Colour setting

It is under the control menu from memory!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom