SAMSUNG PS50C7000 settings & Noobie Q's :)

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Pepperami, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Pepperami

Pepperami

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hiya Guys!

Well the TV is being delivered at the weekend, just got confirmation, so i wanted to ask a few Q's that someone hopefully could answer for me :)

Wanted to play it safe, and use safe settings for the first couple of weeks, im sure I read somewhere that this wasnt needed, can anyone confirm this?

So..... can someone give me some "safe" settings to use, and then maybe some final settings once its had a run in for a few weeks please??

Also, being a Virgin Media Customer, mostly all the channels have logos of one sort or other, is this going to burn my screen being that its new??

One more thing, got a 1.4v HDMI cable for the new 3d Blu Ray player to the Plasma TV, am I going to need another one to go to the TV from The Virgin Box as Virgin do 3d movies, or is this not needed??

Cheers guys!

Chris

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,127
    There are a bunch of calibrated settings out there try these, these, these or these.

I'm not a stickler for accuracy as long as it looks close enough & I adjust to my own preferences. I use the first ones labeled Night but bump the cell light to 19, leave sharpness at 10.

For game consoles to activate the game mode you must go into the setup->general section and turn it on. Your stuck with the standard profile so I apply as many of the same settings as above only I set it to warm1 and I also boost the colour as the PS3 doesn't looks quite as vibrant with stock settings.

What works for me of course may not work for you.

3. Pepperami

Pepperami

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks for that mate, appreciated!

how about the HDMI Question anyone??