• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung PS50C7000 or Samsung LE55C650

mainaman

I don't intend to start another LCD vs Plasma discussion,but i am eyeing the the 7000(6900!?).I want to replace my projector with big screen TV;i bought a Philips 7404 LCD for my parents last summer and i was pleasantly surprised how far LCD tech has evoloved in the last years.

The problem is that the top-end LEDs are too expensive and their PQ appears to be mixed bag;even the 3d Samsung 8000 has been reported to suffer from clouding,visible auto-dimming,3d crosstalk!

So it's the 7000 plasma or the 650 LCD.The LCD is slightly bigger,but lacks 3d.The LCDs tend to look better in stores,but if my memory serves me right even (an admittedly old)Kuro plasma in a dark room lacked the vibrancy and crispness of most new LCDs i have seen,LED or not.Plasmas usually look worse from close distance(dithering noise?);i read that without dithering the Panny VT20 produces some motion posterization.

Can somebody compare the 7000 with the 650 LCD,not the Panasonic plasma flagship?I am interested in sharpness and lack of digital grain,i am sure that black levels are good enough on both sets.I will also be using the TV for PC monitor and gaming and although LCD is better suited for this task,i am little scared of the 45ms lag of the 650 LCD!

Last edited:

mainaman

Bump.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom