Samsung PS50C680 exchange?

sanders83

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I received my PS50C680 on Friday, tho with hardly been in the house because of decorators, i haven't opened it. I'm thinking that with the issues i've read, is it worth exchanging for a higher model before i open it up? I don't mind paying the extra if it's worth it.

With the few issues that some owners seem to have, would you exchange it for a higher priced model, if given the chance? Say upto £300ish more expensive?

Open it up and see if you like it, if not send it back allot of people without problems. I get a banding/bleeding whatever it's called on White background with a dark colour, it's not mega noticeable but fairly prominent on a White background with black thick writing.

I am very happy with mine - the picture gets better the longer you run it in - I am on 120 hours or so - picture is fantastic blacks are good. Had no problems with buzzing or image retention - played games on playstation in 3D without problems. 3D is fantastic - I am really enjoying this TV. Considering I paid £400 more for my old 32" LCD a few years ago this TV is an absolute bargain. No TVs out there are without fault - you could pay more and get a TV with worse problems (eg see problems with panasonic plasmas, blinking on 6900, 7000 Samsung plasmas).

Thanks guys. Gonna open it up when i get home. Only thing with opening it up & finding faults is that i'll end up with engineer visits, rather than just taking it back now.

Then again, what tv doesn't have some sort of issue!

I've had mine for a few weeks now and have pretty much got it set up. I can honestly say that I cannot imagine how the picture could be any better. I was watching the BBC1 HD outside broadcast at the Cenotaph this morning and the picture was just perfect, faces, uniforms, everthing. Amazing for the money and 3D too.

Thanks guys. Gonna open it up when i get home. Only thing with opening it up & finding faults is that i'll end up with engineer visits, rather than just taking it back now.

Then again, what tv doesn't have some sort of issue!

U can still take back if under 28 days if not longer.

If you want to buy a Blu-ray to show this TV off buy "Home" the picture is absolutely stunning :thumbsup:

I had a call from a very nice lady this morning, informing me that this TV will be delivered to my house on this Friday the 19th. I am very excited when I was buying that TV, but after the salesman told me that it's out of stock because some asshole bought 3 of them a day before I was really devastated lol
I bought it 2 weeks ago and was told to wait 4 weeks, I am really looking forward till Friday, can't wait!
I will talk about my first impression + whether it's faulty or not on Friday when I get it.

I let myself add that I bought it for a very nice price with good equipment:

TV itself +3D Blu-Ray Player and two pairs of 3D glasses for just 1189 pound.

Thumbs up. :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom