• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung ps50c680 3d tv wont swap between hdmi sources

f4rrell

Standard Member
Morning all

ive just taken delivery of the samsung ps50c680 a few days ago.
(comet deal £899 with blu ray player)

ive connected it up to my

xbox 360
ps3
sony surround sound

im using fairly new hdmi leads (within a year old)

the problems i have is that i cant swap between sources it says no signal
when a device is connected to the tv in the source menu the hdmi port is high lighted so i know the tv knows its connected however when i swap from watching tv to go to play xbox / ps3 its says no signal???

i can get round this by switching it all off at the walls and then switching them back on.

i assume this is not normal as my previous lcd tv i could swap between av channels with no problems.

i spoke to samsung customer services and they told me to reset the tv (holding down EXIT button on control for 10 seconds) this did not help!!!

they also said that a firmware update is available 14/10/10 which ive downloaded to usb but i cant get the tv to do the update (file not found)

is anyone else experiencing this

thanks in advance

joncro

Does your amp have source buttons, e.g. cable/sat, DVD etc etc, when i connected my ps50c680 to my onkyo amp i had to change the source button on the amp first, then the HDMI port was available to change, the way i got round this was to use a logitech harmony remote, which selects all the correct inputs once programmed, and all works great now.

General Panic

For the update to work make sure after you have put it on the usb stick to uppack it first before doing the update procedure.

I have my HDMI's into the set and not via an amp so no advice there sorry.

f4rrell

Standard Member
Thanks for the replys
All av devices are pluged in via hdmi cables direct to the tv and I'm unable to swap from tv channels to av source's unless I remove plug sockets to reset signal.

The tv knows an av device is plugged in because it's high lighted in the av menu but no signal is received

Ps my free glasses turned up today only got the tv on
the 9th nov

Member 428620

Morning all

ive just taken delivery of the samsung ps50c680 a few days ago.
(comet deal £899 with blu ray player)

ive connected it up to my

xbox 360
ps3
sony surround sound

im using fairly new hdmi leads (within a year old)

the problems i have is that i cant swap between sources it says no signal
when a device is connected to the tv in the source menu the hdmi port is high lighted so i know the tv knows its connected however when i swap from watching tv to go to play xbox / ps3 its says no signal???

i can get round this by switching it all off at the walls and then switching them back on.

i assume this is not normal as my previous lcd tv i could swap between av channels with no problems.

i spoke to samsung customer services and they told me to reset the tv (holding down EXIT button on control for 10 seconds) this did not help!!!

they also said that a firmware update is available 14/10/10 which ive downloaded to usb but i cant get the tv to do the update (file not found)

is anyone else experiencing this

thanks in advance

Hi f4rrell,

My name’s Andy and I’m from Comet.

Providing that all the relevant cables are used and connected in the correct manner, it would not be expected for all of your devices not to register an output signal through the television. Firstly I would suggest, if possible, to try connecting a device with an alternative HDMI cable to the ones you are currently using to identify if the problem perhaps relates to your cables. However, if the problem remains I would probably suggest that one of our engineers calls out to inspect your television to ensure the set up is correct and to ensure there is no problem with your television. To do so you can call our service booking line on 0844 800 95 95, selecting option 3, and an engineer can inspect and identify any faults with the unit.

Regards,

Andy

f4rrell

Standard Member
thanks andy

ive spoken to comet customer services ref a replacement and they have said that they will repair and an engineer has been arranged to call out to me...

i then get a call back from customer services saying that they wont be coming as i will need a new board so they will order the parts and then come and repair.
(this is thought was good that they done this to save time)

however im not happy with a repair on a 5 week old tv i asked about a replacement with customer services and they said that because im outside the 28 days i could only have a repair...

i think that this is very bad customer service.. and im not happy at all with comet !!!!!

do you guys on here think that im being petty asking for a replacement or should i just accept the repair

thanks in advance

f4rrell

Standard Member
just had the main board changed to fix the hdmi issue and all is now fine with the tv.

i checked the firmware and it now has the older firmware 1002. i think

should i change this to the 1003.2 firmware i had before

i havent noticed any difference between the 2

can anyone confirm the changes with the latest firmware

many thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom