• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung PS50C6500 Plasma TV

noam

Standard Member
Hey,

When can we expect a review of the 2010 medium range plasma TV from Samsung? I am looking forward to comparing it with the G20 series from Panasonic.

Thanks,
Noam

flemmo2

Standard Member
Well I went ahead and bought one. Very happy with it so far. Are there and calibrated settings that I can use? Idf not, can I use the b850 settings to get somewhere near?

mark.cup

Any of the dreaded buzzing people talk about with Samsungs?

How about some pictures seeing as your 1 of the 1st to own 1:lease:

glenbertram

Standard Member
Yes it also had a bit of a buzz which my wife noticed, but I didn't. Would like to oblige with a picture but decided to return it for a replacement rather than wait for repair, so it's back in the box awaiting collection.

flemmo2

Standard Member
Yes mine buzzes quite loudly - I can hear it 14ft away (where I sit) and with the volume turned up.

Crampton and Moore are being extreamly helpful thankfully. The Samsung rep was with them at the time. They are not aware of this being a problem and are going to check with their engineers. I'll probably exchange for another of the same if the engineers say there isnt a problem with this model but otherwise I'll get a refund and start doing my research all over again. Real shame because I love this TV in all other respects.

One positive to come from this is my experience with Crampton and Moore - They seem to genuinely want to help, which is very refreshing! :)

daviesng

I have had this TV for over a week and very happy with it - no buzzing!

Does anyone have any recommended picture settings they use for HD TV and PS3 gaming? Thanks.

cyberdude

I have had this TV for over a week and very happy with it - no buzzing!

Does anyone have any recommended picture settings they use for HD TV and PS3 gaming? Thanks.
Please report back if you experience the HDCP problem with Sky? I'm very interested in this TV but if it doesn't work with Sky then it's no good to me.

nigelr99

Standard Member
I've had one of these since early June and had no problems with it. Slight buzzing if you stand next to it with the volume down by I certainly wouldn't call it a problem.
Sky+ hd works fine straight from the box as well.
I have an issue with the Samsung apps (in particular youtube and facebook).. when trying to run these, get a pop-up saying an update requires tv to be switched off and then back on again. This doesn't actually do anything so still can't run these apps. Anyone else had this problem?
The new BBC iplayer (available as of last week) looks good although I had to manually select the lower video quality setting to guarantee seamless streaming.
Also, BBC HD on freeview indicates it's broadcasting 5.1 but onkyo amp only receiving L and R over optical link?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom