• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung PS50C6500 not HDCP compatible

glenbertram

Standard Member
Just taken delivery of my PS50C6500 from Pixmania - didn't have a UK plug so I'm not convinced I have a UK spec - but it won't work with SKY HD+. Sky says the display is not HDCP compatible. Everywhere I look on the internet says it should be. I've changed the HDMI cable and re-booted both devices but to no avail. Have I got a faulty item, a non-UK spec or have I bought the wrong TV ?

glenbertram

Standard Member
Contacted Samsung today who said this is a known problem and they're sending an engineer to fix it. I'm not happy with Pixmania or Samsung for flogging products with known faults.

mark.cup

Not sure I would want an engineer looking at a brand new set...

Hope your issue gets resolved its bad on Samsungs part if they know about it:facepalm:

cyberdude

What did you replace it with?

glenbertram

Standard Member
After waiting 3mths for Pixmania to sort this out, eventually got a refund and ordered same set from Amazon. HDCP problem turned out to be Sky HD box which was changed by unusually helpful Sky engineer.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom