SAMSUNG PS50B850 & PS58B850 Owners Thread

evils30

Standard Member
I received my ps58b850 last friday, and unfortunely i have a buzz issue.
I called samsung support and they will come to try to fix it

Please, tell me if you have the same issue?

Except taht, everything is ok. it is very beautiful but SD

Blu-rayx

I received my ps58b850 last friday, and unfortunately i have a buzz issue.
I called Samsung support and they will come to try to fix it

Please, tell me if you have the same issue?

Except that,everything is ok. it is very beautiful but SD

with the 8-series,6 weeks delay i thought Samsung was sorting out the buzzing issue,clearly not :(

I have a few questions for you!!

# viewing SD programs are you using a Freeview,Freesat or Sky box

# what is the manufacturing date of your screen

# is the buzzing unbearable

# what was your previous screen

evils30

Standard Member
The buzzing is very important. I hear it when sound is not strong. During an action movie, we can forget it, but when there is a silent we think about it. :mad:

My previous screen was samsung 46a796 (led). It was a very good screen too. :smashin:

I don't have the manufacturate date on me, i'll tell you later

I see SD program by using a freeview (TNT in France)

(Sorry for my english :))

chitambira

Standard Member
Mine has just been delivered :)
But it was lying flat in the delivery van, does this affect plasmas? I had expected it to be kept upright all the time.
I will not have the chance to play around with it until weeked, but will keep posted. However I will check the buzz today evening.

Doctor Smith

It should be fine. It matters more with LCD than plasma. As with LCD it can cause clouding, believe me it from experience. Try it tonight and give us your first impressions. I am intereseted in black levels and shadow details.

The buzz also. AVS forum members have compared it to a fridge noise:(

Blu-rayx

Only if the glass screen is broken, as that's the risk of lying it flat.

plasmas should be kept upright at all times.

I've just phoned crampton & moore and sent an e-mail

"Please can you make sure the delivery company you are using keeps my plasma upright at all times to avoid the screen being broken in transit.
It's a known fact,plasmas should be kept upright,plasmas delivered flat is very poor practise,i will not accept delivery if delivered flat"

Last edited:

chitambira

Standard Member
I have just unboxed my brand new samsung and guess what???????
THE GLASS SCREEN IS MASSIVELY CRACKED!!!!!
Its unfortunate it already after office hours I cld have called C&M right away to tell them my displeasure. I had waited ages for this tv not to get this sort of experience. I had had a bad feeling when I saw the tv lying flat in the delivery van. Surely C&M should have known better.

Richdog

plasmas should be kept upright at all times.

I've just phoned crampton & moore and sent an e-mail

"Please can you make sure the delivery company you are using keeps my plasma upright at all times to avoid the screen being broken in transit.
It's a known fact,plasmas should be kept upright,plasmas delivered flat is very poor practise,i will not accept delivery if delivered flat"

Yes, that's exactly what I said, laying it flat will break the glass.

Blu-rayx

I have just unboxed my brand new samsung and guess what???????
THE GLASS SCREEN IS MASSIVELY CRACKED!!!!!
Its unfortunate it already after office hours I cld have called C&M right away to tell them my displeasure. I had waited ages for this tv not to get this sort of experience. I had had a bad feeling when I saw the tv lying flat in the delivery van. Surely C&M should have known better.

Sorry to hear about your screen.When i placed my order on Friday they had 2 left in stock,fingers crossed :)

I'm going to remind C&M,tomorrow not to deliver my plasma flat :nono:

evils30

Standard Member
sorry too Chitambira

For Blu-rayx : Manufacture date : May 2009

Samsung technicians are coming next thursday to fix the buzz. I'll tell you what is it.

Blu-rayx

sorry too Chitambira

For Blu-rayx : Manufacture date : May 2009

Samsung technicians are coming next thursday to fix the buzz. I'll tell you what is it.

Hi Chitambira

Thanks for the Manufacturing date :)

I hope samsung can fix the buzzing issue.

Last edited:

chitambira

Standard Member
On second thoughts, is this cracking screen common to all plasmas or its mostly prevalent with this 8 series model? Honestly I am disappointed coz I had waited for ages and have previpusly been disapointed by novatech. It never rains?

Bluerayx let me know how it goes for your order. If they transported to their warehouse using same company (TNT) chances are that all they have in their warehouse are broken.

Blu-rayx

On second thoughts, is this cracking screen common to all plasmas or its mostly prevalent with this 8 series model? Honestly I am disappointed coz I had waited for ages and have previously been disappointed by novatech. It never rains?

Bluerayx let me know how it goes for your order. If they transported to their warehouse using same company (TNT) chances are that all they have in their warehouse are broken.

On the Avsforum one person also received there 850 with a cracked screen,but that was also down to the delivery company,not securing the plasma correctly in transit.

C&M are using palletline to deliver my PS58B850,when i placed the order on Friday,the sales person told me they use a different company from TNT for screens over 42inchs.

Last edited:

chitambira

Standard Member
On the Avsforum one person also received there 850 with a cracked screen,but that was also down to the delivery company,not securing the plasma correctly in transit.

C&M are using palletline to deliver my PS58B850,when i placed the order on Friday,the sales person told me they use a different company from TNT for screens over 42inchs.

So they do "Double standards!!!" if they say the use a different company for screen over 42 inch AND they deliverd mine using TNT, are they serious???:mad:

Blu-rayx

Just phone C&M,they confirmed the screen will be delivered on a pallet and assured me it will arrive upright.

what size is your plasma?

Last edited:

chitambira

Standard Member
Just phone C&M,they confirmed the screen will be delivered on a pallet and assured me it will arrive upright.

what size is your plasma?

its 58" I have also just phoned them. The sales lady told me that "Its nothing to do with lying flat, but the fact that the driver was alone and they should have been two of them"
She however said that she is arranging a new one to be delivered by Thurs using Palletline, BUT she did NOT assure of it being delivered UPRIGHT.

Which email are u using to communicate with them, I need to use email for records

Also lets let them know of this forum and this one: http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-televisions/693421-wow-praise-retailer-crampton-moore-2.html in case they might want to fool around with their customer relations. I am giving them a chance in the mean time. I cant complain seriously so far.

Last edited:

Blu-rayx

its 58" I have also just phoned them. The sales lady told me that "Its nothing to do with lying flat, but the fact that the driver was alone and they should have been two of them"
She however said that she is arranging a new one to be delivered by Thurs using Palletline, BUT she did NOT assure of it being delivered UPRIGHT.

Which email are u using to communicate with them, I need to use email for records

Also lets let them know of this forum and this one: http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-televisions/693421-wow-praise-retailer-crampton-moore-2.html in case they might want to fool around with their customer relations. I am giving them a chance in the mean time. I cant complain seriously so far.

I use the customer service email address to communicate with them.

I spoke to a guy on the Direct order line,and told him about your broken screen,he was surprised it was delivered by TNT,i also told him,the sales person was wrong telling you it's not down to lying flat.

Last edited:

Doctor Smith

What wall mount would you recommend, how far apart are the mount holes as I was wondering if my existing one would fit.

Also is the screen very reflective and ARE THE BLACKS GOOD:thumbsup:

Richdog

What wall mount would you recommend, how far apart are the mount holes as I was wondering if my existing one would fit.

Search the thread for "reflective" and "blacks", it's been mentioned plenty of times. :)

Blu-rayx

My previous screen was a Kuro 508,so i'll be able give an honest comparison on black levels,i'm not expecting miracles,but from what i've read it's very close to the Panasonics

I've sent you a PM :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Rumour: Samsung even closer to OLED TVs in 2022?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio-Technica launches ATH-SQ1TW true wireless earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on UK streaming services for December 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best Projectors of 2021 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Steve Withers
  • Published
Black Friday 2021: What you need to know