Samsung PS50A656 or LE46A656

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by RiK_UK, Feb 9, 2009.

1. RiK_UK

RiK_UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there!

I've been a bit of a lurker on here for a while reading plenty of info (most of which is way over my head) and I just need a little help deciding which TV to get next?

I currently have a Samsung 32" LCD (Series 3) which I have been very happy with for the last year or so, but have moved into a new place with a really large living room and now it just looks tiny. As I've always been happy with the samsung products I have I've decided to stick with them.

I've been looking at the Samsung PS50A656 as a replacement, but I've never had a plasma before and all this talk of calibration, judder, running in etc has had me totally confused!

I'll be using the TV for Sky+HD & PS3 gaming/blu-ray mainly. I'm not a total videophile, but I do want a great picture.

What's the best option for me?

Thanks in advance.

2. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +758
    Hi,

If I were you, I would rather go for the PS 50 A756.
    Less issues with that, but considerably more expensive. If you come to the continent, you might well save a lot of money on that set !

C U
    Rafael

3. RiK_UK

RiK_UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info, unfortunately £1000 is about my spending limit give or take £100.

4. tman

tman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +197
    As your used to an LCD picture (more processed and less natural), I'd think you'd be better of with the LE46A656. Plasma produces a different 'type' of picture that many prefer, and it's much better for movies (more 'filmic'). Plasma's are less gaming friendly than LCD's as well as image retention can be a problem.

Personally, I won't be buying into LCD for a while yet, but that's my choice.

5. RiK_UK

RiK_UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I must admit I am being drawn towards LCD the more I read.

The other thing I forgot to mention which I think would be quite important is my living room is on the 4th floor has 3 large (floor to ceiling) windows so it can be very bright in there during the day.