1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung PS42S5HX or Panny 37PV500 ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Daipac, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Daipac

Daipac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have been in the market for a 42" plasma for a few months now and have pretty much been trawling the Internet daily waiting for the next best thing to come along to finally make up my mind to bite the bullet and spend my cash.

Now, this morning I noticed that Currys.co.uk are doing the 37PV500 for around £1620. Great price I thought. It gets better because I can also get 5% cash back and FREE delivery which brings it down to around the £1500 mark which is an unbelievable price IMHO.

The dilemma I have is the size. Would I regret getting the smaller plasma ? I have been monitoring the new Samsung plasmas and especially the PS42S5HX. This can be had for around the same price of £1500.

Of course, there is the 42PV500 but that is another £500 again so I am again confused as to what to do.

I was even thinking of getting the 37PV500 for our bedroom which would satisfy my desire to get a plasma for now and then look to get a bigger plasma for the living room sometime in the new year but that might be overkill, but then again, maybe not ?

I can't seem to bring myself to choose between the 37PV500 or PS42S5HX at £1500. Any advice is very welcome !

I will never make a decision at this rate, round and round in circles I go.........

:suicide:

2. Daipac

Daipac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12