1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung PS42S4S Service Menu

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by regan_murphy, Jan 24, 2005.

1. regan_murphy

regan_murphy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm posting this cause it took me forever to find the right combination....

To access the service menu on this screen (PS42S4S - probably others in the range too) you enter the following combination while the display is in standby:

Info * Menu * Mute * Power

Now to figure out if I can adjust the delay to match the audio passing through my Onkyo 702 with the video output from my Sky TV Digital Satellite box...

2. pnom

pnom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have experience this with my samsung. I have not yet tried to enter the service menu. Was it difficult, did you figure it out how to adjust the delay?

Best regards
    Peter Norrblom :hiya:

3. ukdan

ukdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    I can confirm that it works for the PS42V4S too. (Not going to have it much longer, samsung uk have just admitted to me that their dvi ports have a manufacturing defect that does not allow pc to be connected!)

4. Woolybully

Woolybully

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    ukdan

What are Samsung proposing to do for you? are you being re-funded or offered a replacement or something?. I would really love to know cos I am going to contact them tomorrow and complain of the same thing.I gave up trying to connect my P.C weeks ago thinking it was a problem with my graphics card or the DVI lead (which I paid over 40 quid for) now I know it's the telly I want something done!. :mad:

5. ukdan

ukdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Oh mate where do i start! I have had a right nightmare with the comet (so called) engineers. I had one comet engineer tell me that all the samsung panels have a manufacturing fault hat does not let your computer connect to the panel. Then had another try to tell me that my computer was not up to scratch, they even said that my ati 9800xt was not good enough! (this was after i asked for a refund). Luckily it has developed another fault where the picture has shifted 2 3rds to the right. so i am getting a refund. what made me laugh was when the comet engineer came round, he asked ME what DVI stands for as he didn't know himself lol. then when i went to the store to arrange a refund, the manager tried to get me to try a vga to dvi lead. I had to explain to him that vga is analogue and that vga from a computer to dvi-D on the plasma wouldn't work. NEVER AGAIN from comet!!!!!

6. ukdan

ukdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    I have almost been put off plasmas for life! first off was the tiny fiasco, then i got the samsung from comet. had that replaced because in all the dark senes had a red pixles flashing on/off. Now on my 3rd plasma which is faulty. If it wasnt for the demo i got of a panny in a local dealer i think i would of just scrapped the idea and spent the money on hookers and beer!