Samsung Ps42q96hd + Ht X30r

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by ecnirp, Sep 19, 2007.

1. ecnirp

ecnirp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am looking for a new TV (philips 32" CRT gave up the ghost recently) and surround sound system is very old.

About the best deal I can find is a package from Dixons, the SAMSUNG PS42Q96HD + HT X30R 42" HD Ready Digital Plasma TV with DVD Home Cinema System for £829.99, and I can get another £30 off and quidco cash back, both seem to have good comments on this forum and are about the best value (I have about £800 to spend).

Looking at the specs, the X30 has HDMI, so I'm guessing HDMI on X30 to HDMI on PS42 is the best way to connect them for DVD? also, how do I get the sound from the PS42Q96HD to the X30 for audio output of SD tv?

I also have SKY+, that uses scart, so is it best scart from SKY+ to the PS42, how about sound from SKY+?

I'm not sure on HD connections as i've never had a HD TV before, my current setup was bought in 2000, so gold scarts were all the rage then !!!

Has anyone bought and used this package ?

Thanks for any advice.

2. mjy

mjy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just bought the tv you mention this morning, I can recommend it highly.
    Best price I found is from Curry's, Samsung have launched a new range that they need room for so barter !
    Paid £600. Have Onkyo & Q Acoustics surround so can't comment on the system you mention, apart from to say you will need a sound system as the tv's sound is as you would expect from speakers in such a small space (about as good as the transistor radio in my kitchen) :)

3. ecnirp

ecnirp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I didn't get the PS42Q96HD, in the end I bought a Samsung LE40M86BD 1080P In january, got a good deal from Dixons online with 10% off + some money off vouchers, so got it for £699 which was a really good price, very happy with it, great TV.

Then I got the Sony DAV-IS10 surround sound system, most high streets shops are selling it for £599 but I got it from hifibitz for £345, great system, really small speakers so the wife loves it !

As you said, the TV speakers aren't upto much.