1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung PS42P5H - Wall Bracket

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Ponty, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Ponty

Ponty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone wall mounted on of these yet? If yes, which bracket did you use?

I want to purchase, and fancy the tilting bracket illustrated in the manual (page 11 of english uk manual).

I rang Samsung customer care, but they just gave me a item number which when I checked on DigiUk was not the one in the manual.

Any ideas? Thanks

2. Chavvychase

Chavvychase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wondered about that also. I have no intention of mounting mine, so its not a problem for me. The instructions have information on wall mounting, but i wondered where the brackets would come from. If I'm right in remembering, I think Welsh111 was thinking of wall mounting his 5H

3. welsh113

welsh113

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I want to wall mount mine but have not done so yet as i am in the process of buying a new home (dragging on longer then expected). As I have mentioned a few times now i have both the panny and the sammy and everyone who has asked my opinion thru private mail and thru the general forum also has heard that i think the panny is a little better but that is up for debate with family and friends! If I had to pick and money wasnt an object then i would pick the panny (but samsung looks nicer turned off so that might add to your decision also) If money is an issue which to be fair it is with most people i would pick the sammy. No one has bought one and complained YET.......

4. Ponty

Ponty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Welsh

Money is always an issue, but in reality I can afford to spend up to £3k on a plasma of my choice.

My top 4 in no particular order..

- Pio 435XDE - Best looking, like the idea of media box, Sky perf so so. Soon to be replaced
    - PV500 - Not really that keen on looks, quite a few problems noted, best Sky. Would wait for panel
    - Hitachi 7200 - Nice looking, removable speakers, good PQ decent on Sky
    - Samsung P5 - Haven't seen one in flesh yet, but inital reviews positive and looks smart on net, not enough units in use for problems to come to light. No mag reviews yet.

Problem is that I've also just moved house, and have spent lots of money doing out living room etc and now have one wall unfinshed with trunking up the middle waiting to platstered before room can be finished.

I feel that I have to get something so that the room can be completed? Help please?

Welsh - I'll send you a PM for more details